- &Beyond Camp
- Luxury & Contemporary
- Private Concession
- Vehicle, Walking and night safari's
Sandibe is a contemporary and high quality &Beyond lodge set within a private concession along the South eastern border of the Moremi Wildlife Reserve within the Okavango Delta.
In this pristine wilderness stretching over 250 square kilometres you have the opportunity to explore a grassland area rich in wildlife and see predators such as lion, cheetah and leopard hunting impala and antelope. This area is rich in wildlife in the June-October dry season, less so in the nov/April green season when wildlife is more dispersed. It is worth noting there are no water based activities here without taking a trip to one of the wetter camps. Bush walks and night drives are possible here but there are no water based activities here without taking a trip to one of the wetter camps.
Sandibe Safari Lodge is luxury accommodation only accessible by light aircraft into the nearby Chitabe Airstrip and there follows about an hours drive to the Lodge. Set in shady woodlands to the north west of the concession the safari lodge provides eight Meru tent suites raised on wooden platforms with a private veranda and glass sliding doors into the tent. Each double bed is fitted with a walk in mosquito net and the rooms have air-conditioning, a ceiling fan and butler service. The camp has Wifi access in the central areas and has 24 hour solar power with power outlets in the rooms for charging electronic equipment. Animals are free to wander in and out of the camp, the most obvious are the vervet monkeys that drop in from trees above and the elephants which saunter through in search of seed pods fallen from the trees.
The camp is operated by &Beyond and this is reflected in the lavish lodges (which are a little more contemporary in style than the usual) and a high quality of service. The safari experience is perhaps not as intensive, there is a more gentle approach with more relaxation and shorter safari trips. The emphasis here is more of a purely wilderness experience rather than interacting with the 'real' Africa.
Sandibe Safari Lodge has no minimum age. Game drives are available to children aged twelve years and older. Children aged six to twelve are permitted on game drives at the lodge manager’s discretion, while those aged 12 to 16 can enjoy boating activities on a similar basis. Nature walks and mokoro activities are limited to those over the age of 16. While children younger than six cannot participate in lodge activities, childminders can be arranged during activities and at meal times at an additional cost. There is one family unit made up of two interconnecting suites, otherwise should parents wish to share a room with younger children, the lodge is able to accommodate one triple room, where an additional bed is set up in the parents’ room for children 16 years or younger.
- Unique walks with elephants
- Traditional tented camp
- Private Game Reserve
• 12 luxury tents with private plunge pools
• Stylishly comfortable lodge, numerous activities & discovery ambiance
• Spectacular vistas & stunning landscape
• Water-based camp with sense of exclusivity
• Fishing & excellent birding
• 8 reed chalets in riverine forest setting
• Rustic eco- camp
• Stunning landscape vistas
• Cultural village visit & mokoro excursions
• Excellent birding
- Spectacular riverside location
- 'Living with elephants' experience
- Intimate camp with impeccable service
- Excellent wildlife area
- Accessible location
- Private viewing decks
- Located in the Xakanaxa area
- Surrounded by amazing diverse game
- Relatively high traffic location
- Located on Khwai River bank
- Wheel chair accessible lodge
- Land and water based activities
- Reliable game
- Welcoming and attentive staff
- Simple lagoon-side camp
- Mokoro and motorboat excursions
- Game drives, nature walks
- Wonderful birdlife
-Tranquil lagoon-side location
-12 rooms, newly upgraded
-Boat trips, nature walks, seasonal fishing
-Friendly, efficient staff
- Exclusive use of Footsteps Camp
- Personal guides for all purposes
- Designed for families with children
- Inspirational and educational children's activities
- Unique safari walks
- Authentic safari experience
- Located in the bush of the Okavango Delta
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Water-based safari activities only
- Situated on the Xugana Lagoon
- Outstanding bird-watching opportunities
- Incredible views from guest chalets
- &Beyond Camp
- Land & Water based safari activities
- Contemporary & Luxurious
- Mobile Camp
- Interconnecting Family Tents
- Ensuite Bush Shower & Loo
- Fully Serviced Camp
- Friendly, traditional safari camp
- Private concession
- Excellent dry season game viewing
- Modern, elegant chalets
- Excellent staff and guides
- Abundant wildlife
- Bushways Safaris portfolio
- Superb dry season game viewing
- Private concession
- Day and night game drives
- Canoe excursions
• 14 rooms & 1 suite with private decks
• Sweeping views & active game area
• Private concession: night drives & off-roading
• Observation deck & telescope
• Swimming pool & spa treatment room
• Superb bird & animal life
- Excellent dry-season game viewing
- Tranquil riverside location
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mokoro canoe excursions
- Exclusive location
- Private concession
- Superb game viewing
- Birdwatcher's paradise
- Luxurious accommodation
- Strong game, year round
- Prime position
- Private plunge pools
It was FANTASTIC! Beautifully organised, everything worked like clockwork. We agreed that we had the best support team ever (and we have experience) - all delightful, very professional and nothing was too much bother.
It clearly couldn't have been a better route, such a wonderful mix of landscapes. And plenty of acclimatisation time. Nonetheless, I was glad of my summit oxygen.
Kit excellent. Double good mattresses made for most comfortable trek camping ever. Tents v good. Mess tent pretty windproof, which was vital for enjoyment. Best camp loo ever!
My favourite day was Shira Cathedral. Amazing.
William M reviewing Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route on 15 April 2020
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
We had a fantastic time and all the arrangements worked perfectly.
We were very impressed with the quality and service levels of all 4 locations visited and it was truly a holiday of a lifetime.
Thank you to you and to Lisa for giving us this experience.
Particular highlights for us – really the whole experience, but of particular impact:
Breathtaking scenery at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Rhino Ridge game drives incredible, thanks to guide (we had their head guide, Hala, who’s knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, interaction, ability to spot wildlife was out of this world)
Luxury of Rhino Ridge (shower, food, views, service)
Immersion in nature, torch lit meal on last night and beach trip at Kosi Forest Lodge
Level of service, quality of food throughout
Catherine F reviewing South Africa Safari, Beach and Wetlands on 04 September 2019