- Exclusive location
- Private concession
- Superb game viewing
- Birdwatcher's paradise
The recently-built Duba Expedition Camp is set alone in the private Duba Concession on a secluded, wooded island in the heart of the stunning Okavango Delta. This prolific wildlife area in northern Botswana, accessible via light aircraft, offers a unique ecology and a wonderfully diverse safari experience.
The camp is connected to the surrounding flood plains via an elaborate series of bridges. A canvas marquee set on raised decking houses a spacious dining and lounge area with fabulous views. There is also an evening fire pit.
Activities are naturally centred on wildlife viewing, with lion versus buffalo action a main focus. Day-time and evening game drives are offered, although note that instead of driving round looking for animals in the usual way, vehicle safaris here often involve locating one of the main lion prides and parking up with them for the day. Catch-and-release fishing (seasonal) is also offered, as are guided walks. When water levels permit, motor boating is possible and while this activity is secondary to the more serious game drives, it does provide the opportunity to see hippos, crocodiles, swimming elephants and spectacular birdlife.
The camp comprises six light and airy expedition-style tents set on slightly raised decking. A maximum of twelve guests can be accommodated. Each tent has a writing desk and veranda with lovely views, plus en-suite bathroom facilities with flush loo, double basin and indoor shower. Falling asleep at night to the sounds of frogs, hippos and the occasional roar of a lion is a delight.
Although there is no family tent, children of 6 years and up are welcome and a bush-craft skills programme is offered. Note that families with children between the ages of 6 and 15 are required to book a private vehicle at additional cost and, given the truly wild nature of the location with its surrounding waterways, children must be kept under parental supervision at all times.
Duba Expedition Camp offers pristine and elegant accommodation in a unique location. It is an intimate, remote camp with a firm focus on conservation and safari. Being the only camp on the concession, it provides guests with the unique opportunity for serious, uninterrupted wildlife viewing, privacy and relaxation.
- Water-based safari activities only
- Situated on the Xugana Lagoon
- Outstanding bird-watching opportunities
- Incredible views from guest chalets
-Tranquil lagoon-side location
-12 rooms, newly upgraded
-Boat trips, nature walks, seasonal fishing
-Friendly, efficient staff
- Land and water based activities
- Reliable game
- Welcoming and attentive staff
- Unique safari walks
- Authentic safari experience
- Located in the bush of the Okavango Delta
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Exclusive use of Footsteps Camp
- Personal guides for all purposes
- Designed for families with children
- Inspirational and educational children's activities
• 8 reed chalets in riverine forest setting
• Rustic eco- camp
• Stunning landscape vistas
• Cultural village visit & mokoro excursions
• Excellent birding
- &Beyond Camp
- Land & Water based safari activities
- Contemporary & Luxurious
- Simple lagoon-side camp
- Mokoro and motorboat excursions
- Game drives, nature walks
- Wonderful birdlife
• 12 luxury tents with private plunge pools
• Stylishly comfortable lodge, numerous activities & discovery ambiance
• Spectacular vistas & stunning landscape
• Water-based camp with sense of exclusivity
• Fishing & excellent birding
- Luxurious accommodation
- Strong game, year round
- Prime position
- Private plunge pools
- Unique walks with elephants
- Traditional tented camp
- Private Game Reserve
- Surrounded by amazing diverse game
- Relatively high traffic location
- Located on Khwai River bank
- Wheel chair accessible lodge
- Excellent wildlife area
- Accessible location
- Private viewing decks
- Located in the Xakanaxa area
- &Beyond Camp
- Luxury & Contemporary
- Private Concession
- Vehicle, Walking and night safari's
- Spectacular riverside location
- 'Living with elephants' experience
- Intimate camp with impeccable service
- Mobile Camp
- Interconnecting Family Tents
- Ensuite Bush Shower & Loo
- Fully Serviced Camp
- Modern, elegant chalets
- Excellent staff and guides
- Abundant wildlife
- Bushways Safaris portfolio
- Friendly, traditional safari camp
- Private concession
- Excellent dry season game viewing
- Superb dry season game viewing
- Private concession
- Day and night game drives
- Canoe excursions
• 14 rooms & 1 suite with private decks
• Sweeping views & active game area
• Private concession: night drives & off-roading
• Observation deck & telescope
• Swimming pool & spa treatment room
• Superb bird & animal life
- Excellent dry-season game viewing
- Tranquil riverside location
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mokoro canoe excursions
It was FANTASTIC! Beautifully organised, everything worked like clockwork. We agreed that we had the best support team ever (and we have experience) - all delightful, very professional and nothing was too much bother.
It clearly couldn't have been a better route, such a wonderful mix of landscapes. And plenty of acclimatisation time. Nonetheless, I was glad of my summit oxygen.
Kit excellent. Double good mattresses made for most comfortable trek camping ever. Tents v good. Mess tent pretty windproof, which was vital for enjoyment. Best camp loo ever!
My favourite day was Shira Cathedral. Amazing.
William M reviewing Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route on 15 April 2020
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
We had a fantastic time and all the arrangements worked perfectly.
We were very impressed with the quality and service levels of all 4 locations visited and it was truly a holiday of a lifetime.
Thank you to you and to Lisa for giving us this experience.
Particular highlights for us – really the whole experience, but of particular impact:
Breathtaking scenery at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Rhino Ridge game drives incredible, thanks to guide (we had their head guide, Hala, who’s knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, interaction, ability to spot wildlife was out of this world)
Luxury of Rhino Ridge (shower, food, views, service)
Immersion in nature, torch lit meal on last night and beach trip at Kosi Forest Lodge
Level of service, quality of food throughout
Catherine F reviewing South Africa Safari, Beach and Wetlands on 04 September 2019