- &Beyond Camp
- Land & Water based safari activities
- Contemporary & Luxurious
Nxabega Camp is a typically high quality &Beyond offering situated on the edge of the Moremi Game Reserve offering land and water based game viewing in the wildlife rich environs of the Okavango Delta.
The &Beyond Nxabega camp is ideally positioned within an exclusive wildlife concession right on the edge of the Okavango Delta bordering the Moremi Game Reserve. The Delta's crystal clear waterways are home to an amazing selection of wildlife adapted for life in and out of water, from marsh dwelling antelope like the sitatunga and red lechwe to hippo's, honey badgers and crocodiles.
Twice daily safari activities include game drives and boat trips either in traditional mokoros (canoes) or motorized boats. Land based game drives gives you the best opportunity see wildlife including; Lion, cheetah, leopard, giraffe, wildebeest, African wild dog, elephant and buffalo. The boat trips are a fantastic way to explore the tree lined lagoons of the Delta which are usually wet year round in this location.
The accommodation comprises nine contemporary tented suites on raised wooden platforms under a canopy of African ebony trees and provides breathtaking views of the Delta and it's rich pageant of wildlife. The tents are spacious, each with an ensuite bathroom and private veranda. You can order private bush dinners, breakfasts in bed, lamplit cocktails on a river island or a walking safari with an alfresco picnic provided by Nxabega's friendly staff. The living and dining areas have burnished teak floors with cowhide rugs and steep a pitched thatched roof to provide a rugged but elegant environment. The guest areas also include indoor and out door dining areas, a sheltered swimming pool with a viewing deck and a safari shop.
Nxabega pronounced " nah-beh-kah" is one of the most unique regions in the world, the Okavango Delta waterways providing both water based and land based wildlife in abundance. The camp is elegant and the views stunning.
Children from 6-11 years old are accommodated on game drives at the lodge managers discretion. Children 16 years and older can participate in guided walks and makoro rides. The camp is unfenced so parents will need to keep an eye on their children at all times.
- Land and water based activities
- Reliable game
- Welcoming and attentive staff
• 12 luxury tents with private plunge pools
• Stylishly comfortable lodge, numerous activities & discovery ambiance
• Spectacular vistas & stunning landscape
• Water-based camp with sense of exclusivity
• Fishing & excellent birding
• 8 reed chalets in riverine forest setting
• Rustic eco- camp
• Stunning landscape vistas
• Cultural village visit & mokoro excursions
• Excellent birding
- Unique walks with elephants
- Traditional tented camp
- Private Game Reserve
-Tranquil lagoon-side location
-12 rooms, newly upgraded
-Boat trips, nature walks, seasonal fishing
-Friendly, efficient staff
- &Beyond Camp
- Luxury & Contemporary
- Private Concession
- Vehicle, Walking and night safari's
- Exclusive location
- Private concession
- Superb game viewing
- Birdwatcher's paradise
- Water-based safari activities only
- Situated on the Xugana Lagoon
- Outstanding bird-watching opportunities
- Incredible views from guest chalets
- Exclusive use of Footsteps Camp
- Personal guides for all purposes
- Designed for families with children
- Inspirational and educational children's activities
- Unique safari walks
- Authentic safari experience
- Located in the bush of the Okavango Delta
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Spectacular riverside location
- 'Living with elephants' experience
- Intimate camp with impeccable service
- Simple lagoon-side camp
- Mokoro and motorboat excursions
- Game drives, nature walks
- Wonderful birdlife
- Excellent wildlife area
- Accessible location
- Private viewing decks
- Located in the Xakanaxa area
- Surrounded by amazing diverse game
- Relatively high traffic location
- Located on Khwai River bank
- Wheel chair accessible lodge
- Mobile Camp
- Interconnecting Family Tents
- Ensuite Bush Shower & Loo
- Fully Serviced Camp
- Friendly, traditional safari camp
- Private concession
- Excellent dry season game viewing
- Modern, elegant chalets
- Excellent staff and guides
- Abundant wildlife
- Bushways Safaris portfolio
- Superb dry season game viewing
- Private concession
- Day and night game drives
- Canoe excursions
• 14 rooms & 1 suite with private decks
• Sweeping views & active game area
• Private concession: night drives & off-roading
• Observation deck & telescope
• Swimming pool & spa treatment room
• Superb bird & animal life
- Excellent dry-season game viewing
- Tranquil riverside location
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mokoro canoe excursions
- Luxurious accommodation
- Strong game, year round
- Prime position
- Private plunge pools
It was FANTASTIC! Beautifully organised, everything worked like clockwork. We agreed that we had the best support team ever (and we have experience) - all delightful, very professional and nothing was too much bother.
It clearly couldn't have been a better route, such a wonderful mix of landscapes. And plenty of acclimatisation time. Nonetheless, I was glad of my summit oxygen.
Kit excellent. Double good mattresses made for most comfortable trek camping ever. Tents v good. Mess tent pretty windproof, which was vital for enjoyment. Best camp loo ever!
My favourite day was Shira Cathedral. Amazing.
William M reviewing Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route on 15 April 2020
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
We had a fantastic time and all the arrangements worked perfectly.
We were very impressed with the quality and service levels of all 4 locations visited and it was truly a holiday of a lifetime.
Thank you to you and to Lisa for giving us this experience.
Particular highlights for us – really the whole experience, but of particular impact:
Breathtaking scenery at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Rhino Ridge game drives incredible, thanks to guide (we had their head guide, Hala, who’s knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, interaction, ability to spot wildlife was out of this world)
Luxury of Rhino Ridge (shower, food, views, service)
Immersion in nature, torch lit meal on last night and beach trip at Kosi Forest Lodge
Level of service, quality of food throughout
Catherine F reviewing South Africa Safari, Beach and Wetlands on 04 September 2019