- Superb dry season game viewing
- Private concession
- Day and night game drives
- Canoe excursions
Khwai Tented Camp is an intimate, traditional bush camp located within the community-run Khwai concession in the northeast Okavango Delta, Northern Botswana. Situated by a lagoon which borders the Moremi Game Reserve, the camp is easily accessed by road or by air into the nearby Khwai Airstrip. Game viewing in this region is excellent during the Jun/Oct dry season, with large numbers of elephant, lion, leopard, spotted hyena and wild dog to see, plus occasional sightings of cheetah, hippo, and giraffe.
The camp is currently undergoing complete refurbishment, with its owners promising spacious and more contemporary facilities upon completion. The main area will be a wood and canvas construction on raised decking with panoramic views of the lagoon and surrounding bushland. It will comprise indoor and outdoor lounges, a swimming pool, and a dining area with communal tables. Subject to arrangement, guests can enjoy an alfresco ‘bushland’ lunch or dinner, served in a secluded location.
Activities include game drives, mokoro canoe excursions (water levels permitting), bird watching and cultural visits to local villages. Night drives and guided walks are also available within the private Khwai concession, activities not permitted in the adjacent Moremi Game Reserve.
The refurbished accommodation will comprise six contemporary Meru-style tents sleeping two, and one family cottage. Built on raised decking, each tent will have a private veranda with tranquil views of the lagoon and will contain twin beds and an ensuite bathroom with twin basins, indoor and outdoor showers, and flushing toilet.
Children are welcome at the camp, with a recommended minimum age of seven years. A family cottage accommodates four guests, and comprises an open plan lounge and sleeping area, with a curtain partition between parents’ and children’s beds. The ensuite bathroom contains both a bath and shower, plus basin and flushing toilet. Outside is a spacious veranda with lovely views and seating, plus a large table and chairs for optional private evening dining. Note there is a minimum age restriction of 16 years for participation in walking safaris, with nature walks around camp available as an alternative. As the camp is unfenced, adult supervision is essential at all times. The camp may be booked on an exclusive basis, subject to a minimum of 12 guests, making it a good option for larger groups.
Khwai Tented Camp offers an authentic safari experience in a peaceful waterside location, and is a great choice for travellers wishing to experience northern Botswana’s diverse landscape and abundant wildlife.
- Modern, elegant chalets
- Excellent staff and guides
- Abundant wildlife
- Bushways Safaris portfolio
- Friendly, traditional safari camp
- Private concession
- Excellent dry season game viewing
- Mobile Camp
- Interconnecting Family Tents
- Ensuite Bush Shower & Loo
- Fully Serviced Camp
• 14 rooms & 1 suite with private decks
• Sweeping views & active game area
• Private concession: night drives & off-roading
• Observation deck & telescope
• Swimming pool & spa treatment room
• Superb bird & animal life
- Excellent dry-season game viewing
- Tranquil riverside location
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mokoro canoe excursions
- Excellent wildlife area
- Accessible location
- Private viewing decks
- Located in the Xakanaxa area
- Surrounded by amazing diverse game
- Relatively high traffic location
- Located on Khwai River bank
- Wheel chair accessible lodge
- Simple lagoon-side camp
- Mokoro and motorboat excursions
- Game drives, nature walks
- Wonderful birdlife
- &Beyond Camp
- Luxury & Contemporary
- Private Concession
- Vehicle, Walking and night safari's
- Exclusive use of Footsteps Camp
- Personal guides for all purposes
- Designed for families with children
- Inspirational and educational children's activities
- Unique safari walks
- Authentic safari experience
- Located in the bush of the Okavango Delta
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
-Tranquil lagoon-side location
-12 rooms, newly upgraded
-Boat trips, nature walks, seasonal fishing
-Friendly, efficient staff
- Water-based safari activities only
- Situated on the Xugana Lagoon
- Outstanding bird-watching opportunities
- Incredible views from guest chalets
- Unique walks with elephants
- Traditional tented camp
- Private Game Reserve
- Spectacular riverside location
- 'Living with elephants' experience
- Intimate camp with impeccable service
• 8 reed chalets in riverine forest setting
• Rustic eco- camp
• Stunning landscape vistas
• Cultural village visit & mokoro excursions
• Excellent birding
- Land and water based activities
- Reliable game
- Welcoming and attentive staff
• 12 luxury tents with private plunge pools
• Stylishly comfortable lodge, numerous activities & discovery ambiance
• Spectacular vistas & stunning landscape
• Water-based camp with sense of exclusivity
• Fishing & excellent birding
- &Beyond Camp
- Land & Water based safari activities
- Contemporary & Luxurious
- Exclusive location
- Private concession
- Superb game viewing
- Birdwatcher's paradise
- Luxurious accommodation
- Strong game, year round
- Prime position
- Private plunge pools
It was FANTASTIC! Beautifully organised, everything worked like clockwork. We agreed that we had the best support team ever (and we have experience) - all delightful, very professional and nothing was too much bother.
It clearly couldn't have been a better route, such a wonderful mix of landscapes. And plenty of acclimatisation time. Nonetheless, I was glad of my summit oxygen.
Kit excellent. Double good mattresses made for most comfortable trek camping ever. Tents v good. Mess tent pretty windproof, which was vital for enjoyment. Best camp loo ever!
My favourite day was Shira Cathedral. Amazing.
William M reviewing Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route on 15 April 2020
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
We had a fantastic time and all the arrangements worked perfectly.
We were very impressed with the quality and service levels of all 4 locations visited and it was truly a holiday of a lifetime.
Thank you to you and to Lisa for giving us this experience.
Particular highlights for us – really the whole experience, but of particular impact:
Breathtaking scenery at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Rhino Ridge game drives incredible, thanks to guide (we had their head guide, Hala, who’s knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, interaction, ability to spot wildlife was out of this world)
Luxury of Rhino Ridge (shower, food, views, service)
Immersion in nature, torch lit meal on last night and beach trip at Kosi Forest Lodge
Level of service, quality of food throughout
Catherine F reviewing South Africa Safari, Beach and Wetlands on 04 September 2019