- Fully refurbished
- Great Location
- Luxury accommodation
Another ‘Sanctuary’ property in a prime location, Chief’s Camp is an upscale camp in the heart of the Okavango Delta, Northern Botswana. Part of the Moremi National Park, this area has fantastic scenery and will reopen fully refurbished in June 2016, promising some top facilities.
All of the areas in camp are being refurbished including the main building. A new bar, gym, kids room and library area are being constructed as well as the current dining and lounge areas being extended and the addition of a pizza deck and orientation room.
The activities at Chief’s Camp are centred on the twice daily game drives. Experienced rangers lead drives in open top 4X4 vehicles and the area is well known for its strong game including lion, leopard and wild dog. Being situated on Chief’s Island, the camp also offers Mokoro Canoe excursions seasonally when the area floods. This is a really popular activity that allows guests to see game up close and by a much more relaxed mode of transport.
The accommodation at Chief’s is split into 12 guest pavilions, all of which are being more than doubled in size during the refurbishment, making them some of the largest in the area. They will all have private dining areas, outside decking with private plunge pool, outdoor showers and ensuite bathrooms with floor to ceiling windows. There will also be two new suites with private kitchens, waiters, guides and vehicles.
Children from the age of six will be welcome at Chief’s and a new ‘children’s retreat’ will be a great facility for kids to play. Guides will also teach them about the local fauna and flora.
Chief’s Camp is a well-established safari camp that offers professional service and high quality game viewing. This is a popular choice and we look forward to seeing the improvements that have been made over the last six months.
- Spectacular riverside location
- 'Living with elephants' experience
- Intimate camp with impeccable service
• 12 luxury tents with private plunge pools
• Stylishly comfortable lodge, numerous activities & discovery ambiance
• Spectacular vistas & stunning landscape
• Water-based camp with sense of exclusivity
• Fishing & excellent birding
- Unique walks with elephants
- Traditional tented camp
- Private Game Reserve
- &Beyond Camp
- Land & Water based safari activities
- Contemporary & Luxurious
- &Beyond Camp
- Luxury & Contemporary
- Private Concession
- Vehicle, Walking and night safari's
• 8 reed chalets in riverine forest setting
• Rustic eco- camp
• Stunning landscape vistas
• Cultural village visit & mokoro excursions
• Excellent birding
- Land and water based activities
- Reliable game
- Welcoming and attentive staff
-Tranquil lagoon-side location
-12 rooms, newly upgraded
-Boat trips, nature walks, seasonal fishing
-Friendly, efficient staff
- Excellent wildlife area
- Accessible location
- Private viewing decks
- Located in the Xakanaxa area
- Surrounded by amazing diverse game
- Relatively high traffic location
- Located on Khwai River bank
- Wheel chair accessible lodge
- Simple lagoon-side camp
- Mokoro and motorboat excursions
- Game drives, nature walks
- Wonderful birdlife
- Exclusive use of Footsteps Camp
- Personal guides for all purposes
- Designed for families with children
- Inspirational and educational children's activities
- Unique safari walks
- Authentic safari experience
- Located in the bush of the Okavango Delta
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Water-based safari activities only
- Situated on the Xugana Lagoon
- Outstanding bird-watching opportunities
- Incredible views from guest chalets
- Exclusive location
- Private concession
- Superb game viewing
- Birdwatcher's paradise
- Mobile Camp
- Interconnecting Family Tents
- Ensuite Bush Shower & Loo
- Fully Serviced Camp
- Friendly, traditional safari camp
- Private concession
- Excellent dry season game viewing
- Modern, elegant chalets
- Excellent staff and guides
- Abundant wildlife
- Bushways Safaris portfolio
- Superb dry season game viewing
- Private concession
- Day and night game drives
- Canoe excursions
• 14 rooms & 1 suite with private decks
• Sweeping views & active game area
• Private concession: night drives & off-roading
• Observation deck & telescope
• Swimming pool & spa treatment room
• Superb bird & animal life
- Excellent dry-season game viewing
- Tranquil riverside location
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mokoro canoe excursions
- Luxurious accommodation
- Strong game, year round
- Prime position
- Private plunge pools
It was FANTASTIC! Beautifully organised, everything worked like clockwork. We agreed that we had the best support team ever (and we have experience) - all delightful, very professional and nothing was too much bother.
It clearly couldn't have been a better route, such a wonderful mix of landscapes. And plenty of acclimatisation time. Nonetheless, I was glad of my summit oxygen.
Kit excellent. Double good mattresses made for most comfortable trek camping ever. Tents v good. Mess tent pretty windproof, which was vital for enjoyment. Best camp loo ever!
My favourite day was Shira Cathedral. Amazing.
William M reviewing Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route on 15 April 2020
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
We had a fantastic time and all the arrangements worked perfectly.
We were very impressed with the quality and service levels of all 4 locations visited and it was truly a holiday of a lifetime.
Thank you to you and to Lisa for giving us this experience.
Particular highlights for us – really the whole experience, but of particular impact:
Breathtaking scenery at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Rhino Ridge game drives incredible, thanks to guide (we had their head guide, Hala, who’s knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, interaction, ability to spot wildlife was out of this world)
Luxury of Rhino Ridge (shower, food, views, service)
Immersion in nature, torch lit meal on last night and beach trip at Kosi Forest Lodge
Level of service, quality of food throughout
Catherine F reviewing South Africa Safari, Beach and Wetlands on 04 September 2019