- Unique walks with elephants
- Traditional tented camp
- Private Game Reserve
Stanleys camp is an upmarket, highly professional camp located on the Boro river in the Okavango Delta, Northern Botswana. A 15 minute plane ride from its sister property Baines camp, Stanley’s is run very similarly and offers parallel activities.
This ‘Sanctuary’ property is a tented camp in a scenic location offering classic views of the Okavango Delta. This traditional camp has a large main tent housing a lounge and dining area with stunning views, a bar, library and bookshop. The swimming pool is a pleasant area to relax and often offers glimpses of passing wildlife.
A host of activities shows guests everything the Delta has to offer. Game drives, walking safaris and motorboat safaris are all led by experienced rangers and make the most of the seasonal changes in the landscape. Stanleys Camp is part of a private game reserve, a huge advantage in that night safaris are possible as well as unrestricted access to the park. Off the more touristy routes, a more authentic experience is offered at Stanleys.
A highlight for many is the ‘Living with elephants’ experience. A small conservation project near by invites guests to come and meet their three resident elephants and spend the day walking and enjoying a picnic lunch. An unusual and hugely popular activity, the Living with Elephants project is a great way to get up close to these magnificent creatures.
The accommodation is split into eight canvas tents, making this an intimate camp. Each tent is individually designed and furnished with African antiques. The tents are modern and sufficiently large, with ensuite bathrooms and private decks with hammocks to soak in the atmosphere of the bush.
Children over 12 years old are welcome, although children as young as 8 can stay at Stanleys providing a private vehicle is booked.
Stanleys is a top end safari camp in a fantastic location from which to experience the Okavango Delta.
• 12 luxury tents with private plunge pools
• Stylishly comfortable lodge, numerous activities & discovery ambiance
• Spectacular vistas & stunning landscape
• Water-based camp with sense of exclusivity
• Fishing & excellent birding
- &Beyond Camp
- Luxury & Contemporary
- Private Concession
- Vehicle, Walking and night safari's
• 8 reed chalets in riverine forest setting
• Rustic eco- camp
• Stunning landscape vistas
• Cultural village visit & mokoro excursions
• Excellent birding
- Land and water based activities
- Reliable game
- Welcoming and attentive staff
- Spectacular riverside location
- 'Living with elephants' experience
- Intimate camp with impeccable service
- &Beyond Camp
- Land & Water based safari activities
- Contemporary & Luxurious
-Tranquil lagoon-side location
-12 rooms, newly upgraded
-Boat trips, nature walks, seasonal fishing
-Friendly, efficient staff
- Excellent wildlife area
- Accessible location
- Private viewing decks
- Located in the Xakanaxa area
- Surrounded by amazing diverse game
- Relatively high traffic location
- Located on Khwai River bank
- Wheel chair accessible lodge
- Simple lagoon-side camp
- Mokoro and motorboat excursions
- Game drives, nature walks
- Wonderful birdlife
- Exclusive use of Footsteps Camp
- Personal guides for all purposes
- Designed for families with children
- Inspirational and educational children's activities
- Unique safari walks
- Authentic safari experience
- Located in the bush of the Okavango Delta
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Water-based safari activities only
- Situated on the Xugana Lagoon
- Outstanding bird-watching opportunities
- Incredible views from guest chalets
- Exclusive location
- Private concession
- Superb game viewing
- Birdwatcher's paradise
- Mobile Camp
- Interconnecting Family Tents
- Ensuite Bush Shower & Loo
- Fully Serviced Camp
- Friendly, traditional safari camp
- Private concession
- Excellent dry season game viewing
- Modern, elegant chalets
- Excellent staff and guides
- Abundant wildlife
- Bushways Safaris portfolio
- Superb dry season game viewing
- Private concession
- Day and night game drives
- Canoe excursions
• 14 rooms & 1 suite with private decks
• Sweeping views & active game area
• Private concession: night drives & off-roading
• Observation deck & telescope
• Swimming pool & spa treatment room
• Superb bird & animal life
- Excellent dry-season game viewing
- Tranquil riverside location
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mokoro canoe excursions
- Luxurious accommodation
- Strong game, year round
- Prime position
- Private plunge pools
It was FANTASTIC! Beautifully organised, everything worked like clockwork. We agreed that we had the best support team ever (and we have experience) - all delightful, very professional and nothing was too much bother.
It clearly couldn't have been a better route, such a wonderful mix of landscapes. And plenty of acclimatisation time. Nonetheless, I was glad of my summit oxygen.
Kit excellent. Double good mattresses made for most comfortable trek camping ever. Tents v good. Mess tent pretty windproof, which was vital for enjoyment. Best camp loo ever!
My favourite day was Shira Cathedral. Amazing.
William M reviewing Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route on 15 April 2020
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
We had a fantastic time and all the arrangements worked perfectly.
We were very impressed with the quality and service levels of all 4 locations visited and it was truly a holiday of a lifetime.
Thank you to you and to Lisa for giving us this experience.
Particular highlights for us – really the whole experience, but of particular impact:
Breathtaking scenery at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Rhino Ridge game drives incredible, thanks to guide (we had their head guide, Hala, who’s knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, interaction, ability to spot wildlife was out of this world)
Luxury of Rhino Ridge (shower, food, views, service)
Immersion in nature, torch lit meal on last night and beach trip at Kosi Forest Lodge
Level of service, quality of food throughout
Catherine F reviewing South Africa Safari, Beach and Wetlands on 04 September 2019