- Unique walks with elephants
- Traditional tented camp
- Private Game Reserve
Stanleys camp is an upmarket, highly professional camp located on the Boro river in the Okavango Delta, Northern Botswana. A 15 minute plane ride from its sister property Baines camp, Stanley’s is run very similarly and offers parallel activities.
This ‘Sanctuary’ property is a tented camp in a scenic location offering classic views of the Okavango Delta. This traditional camp has a large main tent housing a lounge and dining area with stunning views, a bar, library and bookshop. The swimming pool is a pleasant area to relax and often offers glimpses of passing wildlife.
A host of activities shows guests everything the Delta has to offer. Game drives, walking safaris and motorboat safaris are all led by experienced rangers and make the most of the seasonal changes in the landscape. Stanleys Camp is part of a private game reserve, a huge advantage in that night safaris are possible as well as unrestricted access to the park. Off the more touristy routes, a more authentic experience is offered at Stanleys.
A highlight for many is the ‘Living with elephants’ experience. A small conservation project near by invites guests to come and meet their three resident elephants and spend the day walking and enjoying a picnic lunch. An unusual and hugely popular activity, the Living with Elephants project is a great way to get up close to these magnificent creatures.
The accommodation is split into eight canvas tents, making this an intimate camp. Each tent is individually designed and furnished with African antiques. The tents are modern and sufficiently large, with ensuite bathrooms and private decks with hammocks to soak in the atmosphere of the bush.
Children over 12 years old are welcome, although children as young as 8 can stay at Stanleys providing a private vehicle is booked.
Stanleys is a top end safari camp in a fantastic location from which to experience the Okavango Delta.
• 12 luxury tents with private plunge pools
• Stylishly comfortable lodge, numerous activities & discovery ambiance
• Spectacular vistas & stunning landscape
• Water-based camp with sense of exclusivity
• Fishing & excellent birding
- &Beyond Camp
- Luxury & Contemporary
- Private Concession
- Vehicle, Walking and night safari's
• 8 reed chalets in riverine forest setting
• Rustic eco- camp
• Stunning landscape vistas
• Cultural village visit & mokoro excursions
• Excellent birding
- Land and water based activities
- Reliable game
- Welcoming and attentive staff
- Spectacular riverside location
- 'Living with elephants' experience
- Intimate camp with impeccable service
- &Beyond Camp
- Land & Water based safari activities
- Contemporary & Luxurious
-Tranquil lagoon-side location
-12 rooms, newly upgraded
-Boat trips, nature walks, seasonal fishing
-Friendly, efficient staff
- Excellent wildlife area
- Accessible location
- Private viewing decks
- Located in the Xakanaxa area
- Surrounded by amazing diverse game
- Relatively high traffic location
- Located on Khwai River bank
- Wheel chair accessible lodge
- Simple lagoon-side camp
- Mokoro and motorboat excursions
- Game drives, nature walks
- Wonderful birdlife
- Exclusive use of Footsteps Camp
- Personal guides for all purposes
- Designed for families with children
- Inspirational and educational children's activities
- Unique safari walks
- Authentic safari experience
- Located in the bush of the Okavango Delta
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Water-based safari activities only
- Situated on the Xugana Lagoon
- Outstanding bird-watching opportunities
- Incredible views from guest chalets
- Exclusive location
- Private concession
- Superb game viewing
- Birdwatcher's paradise
- Mobile Camp
- Interconnecting Family Tents
- Ensuite Bush Shower & Loo
- Fully Serviced Camp
- Friendly, traditional safari camp
- Private concession
- Excellent dry season game viewing
- Modern, elegant chalets
- Excellent staff and guides
- Abundant wildlife
- Bushways Safaris portfolio
- Superb dry season game viewing
- Private concession
- Day and night game drives
- Canoe excursions
• 14 rooms & 1 suite with private decks
• Sweeping views & active game area
• Private concession: night drives & off-roading
• Observation deck & telescope
• Swimming pool & spa treatment room
• Superb bird & animal life
- Excellent dry-season game viewing
- Tranquil riverside location
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mokoro canoe excursions
- Luxurious accommodation
- Strong game, year round
- Prime position
- Private plunge pools
Hello Lisa. We came back from our trip two weeks ago now so I am sending this email much later than I wanted to. Nevertheless, what I wanted to say was thank you very much for helping us organise an amazing trip. Our days in Mafia Island to celebrate my 50th birthday were exactly what I wanted them to be: a fantastic time with the family doing activities that we all love and enjoy in a relaxing, unusual, beautiful place full of sun, surrounded by water, wildlife and friendly people. We swam with whale sharks, did a lot of snorkeling, had two picnics on a beautiful sand bank, watched the sunset over the sea, did a bird watching excursion and tried scuba diving.
All merit to you because Pole Pole in Mafia Island was your recommendation. I never heard of Mafia Island before and didn't consider Tanzania to start with. It was an amazing place to stay: friendly, relaxed, beautiful, comfortable, with great food and fantastic service. Thanks not only for finding the place but also for your patience as we prepared the trip and I explored options and decided what I wanted. All went incredibly well (places, transfers, flights) and we had a very memorable time together that we will all remember forever - as we still do the safari trip to South Africa you organised for us 5 years ago.
I cannot wait to plan another trip! I am already thinking about where and when. Hopefully no pandemic will get in the way this time. And I will come to you as my favourite travel agent.
I copy in this message the Tourdust office because I want them to know how good you are and how much I appreciated the different trips you organised for us (including the trip to India for my parents that was cancelled due to Covid). I cannot thank you enough :o)
Kind regards, Carol
Carolina O reviewing Relaxed Bush & Beach Family Holiday in Tanzania on 25 November 2022
It was a fantastic experience, thanks very much. All the arrangements were seamless and our guiding/support team were excellent, if there is a way for you to formally commend the team to your ground operators then I would be grateful if you could do that, they really were brilliant.
Many thanks for your help in arranging the trip, and for your patience during the multiple re-arrangements over the past couple of years.
Kind regards, John
John B reviewing Mount Kenya Sirimon Naro Moru Trek on 14 November 2022
Can't praise tour dust enough, they helped us to create a holiday of a lifetime that has given us family memories we will treasure forever. From start to finish the whole experience was exactly what we wanted and more. Due to covid we waited 2 and a half years for this trip but worth the wait.
Carly R reviewing Value KwaZulu-Natal Safari and Mauritius on 07 November 2022