- Luxurious accommodation
- Strong game, year round
- Prime position
- Private plunge pools
Vumbura Plains is one of the most luxurious lodges in Africa, situated in the Okavango delta, Botswana. A seriously high property with a number of extra facilities, this is an ideal choice for some big game viewing and incredible private accommodation.
Vumbura is made up of two satellite camps, both eco-friendly and of contemporary design. Each camp has its own dining, bar and lounge areas raised on decking with sweeping views of the Delta. An outdoor area with comfy sofas and blankets is the perfect place to take in the stars or spot some passing wildlife.
The main focus here is vehicle safari. However, thanks to the wide range of habitats the Delta provides, both land and water based activities are offered to guests. Game drives are led twice daily by experienced rangers in open top 4X4’s. African wild dog, lion, leopard and cheetah can all be seen here and the birding is exceptional year round. Guides also lead walking safaris, night safaris, motorboat and canoe safaris (season permitting) which are all great ways to get a closer look at some smaller wildlife. The atmosphere here is very laidback and it is worth noting activities here tend to be less intensive than at some other camps.
14 rooms are equally split between the two camps, with two family rooms available. The rooms are airy and spacious, with floor to ceiling windows providing some impressive views. Every room has a large double bed, secluded lounge area, private plunge pool and indoor and outdoor showers. A modern ensuite bathroom looks out on to an outdoor decking area or ‘sala’. Although Vumbura is slightly larger than most camps in the area, splitting into two makes the accommodation feel much more intimate and you won’t fail to be impressed by the sumptuous rooms.
Children above 12 are welcome at Vumbura and those between 8 and 11 can be accommodated if a private vehicle is booked. There are no specific children’s programmes but staff will do their best to tailor the experience.
Vumbura Plains is one of the best properties in the area providing a luxurious, relaxing experience with plenty of privacy. Albeit with an expensive price tag, its good year- round game can be an ideal way to sidestep high peak season prices and take advantage of an area that can offer a high quality safari throughout the year.
- Exclusive location
- Private concession
- Superb game viewing
- Birdwatcher's paradise
- Water-based safari activities only
- Situated on the Xugana Lagoon
- Outstanding bird-watching opportunities
- Incredible views from guest chalets
-Tranquil lagoon-side location
-12 rooms, newly upgraded
-Boat trips, nature walks, seasonal fishing
-Friendly, efficient staff
- Unique safari walks
- Authentic safari experience
- Located in the bush of the Okavango Delta
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Exclusive use of Footsteps Camp
- Personal guides for all purposes
- Designed for families with children
- Inspirational and educational children's activities
- Land and water based activities
- Reliable game
- Welcoming and attentive staff
- &Beyond Camp
- Land & Water based safari activities
- Contemporary & Luxurious
• 8 reed chalets in riverine forest setting
• Rustic eco- camp
• Stunning landscape vistas
• Cultural village visit & mokoro excursions
• Excellent birding
- Simple lagoon-side camp
- Mokoro and motorboat excursions
- Game drives, nature walks
- Wonderful birdlife
• 12 luxury tents with private plunge pools
• Stylishly comfortable lodge, numerous activities & discovery ambiance
• Spectacular vistas & stunning landscape
• Water-based camp with sense of exclusivity
• Fishing & excellent birding
- Surrounded by amazing diverse game
- Relatively high traffic location
- Located on Khwai River bank
- Wheel chair accessible lodge
- Excellent wildlife area
- Accessible location
- Private viewing decks
- Located in the Xakanaxa area
- Unique walks with elephants
- Traditional tented camp
- Private Game Reserve
- &Beyond Camp
- Luxury & Contemporary
- Private Concession
- Vehicle, Walking and night safari's
- Spectacular riverside location
- 'Living with elephants' experience
- Intimate camp with impeccable service
- Mobile Camp
- Interconnecting Family Tents
- Ensuite Bush Shower & Loo
- Fully Serviced Camp
- Modern, elegant chalets
- Excellent staff and guides
- Abundant wildlife
- Bushways Safaris portfolio
- Friendly, traditional safari camp
- Private concession
- Excellent dry season game viewing
- Superb dry season game viewing
- Private concession
- Day and night game drives
- Canoe excursions
- Excellent dry-season game viewing
- Tranquil riverside location
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mokoro canoe excursions
• 14 rooms & 1 suite with private decks
• Sweeping views & active game area
• Private concession: night drives & off-roading
• Observation deck & telescope
• Swimming pool & spa treatment room
• Superb bird & animal life
It was FANTASTIC! Beautifully organised, everything worked like clockwork. We agreed that we had the best support team ever (and we have experience) - all delightful, very professional and nothing was too much bother.
It clearly couldn't have been a better route, such a wonderful mix of landscapes. And plenty of acclimatisation time. Nonetheless, I was glad of my summit oxygen.
Kit excellent. Double good mattresses made for most comfortable trek camping ever. Tents v good. Mess tent pretty windproof, which was vital for enjoyment. Best camp loo ever!
My favourite day was Shira Cathedral. Amazing.
William M reviewing Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route on 15 April 2020
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
We had a fantastic time and all the arrangements worked perfectly.
We were very impressed with the quality and service levels of all 4 locations visited and it was truly a holiday of a lifetime.
Thank you to you and to Lisa for giving us this experience.
Particular highlights for us – really the whole experience, but of particular impact:
Breathtaking scenery at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Rhino Ridge game drives incredible, thanks to guide (we had their head guide, Hala, who’s knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, interaction, ability to spot wildlife was out of this world)
Luxury of Rhino Ridge (shower, food, views, service)
Immersion in nature, torch lit meal on last night and beach trip at Kosi Forest Lodge
Level of service, quality of food throughout
Catherine F reviewing South Africa Safari, Beach and Wetlands on 04 September 2019