- Land and water based activities
- Reliable game
- Welcoming and attentive staff
Shinde camp is a modest, authentic camp in the heart of the Okavango Delta, Nothern Botswana. One of many ‘Ker & Downey’ properties in the area, Shinde is a great base from which to explore the land and water wildlife of the delta.
The main guest areas at Shinde are in the ‘tree house’. This multi-tiered, canvas area has a number of lounge and dining areas as well as a campfire for guests to enjoy. A swimming pool is a short walk away and regular animal visitors keep this camp close to nature!
Shinde’s unique position on the edge of a lagoon means there are excellent opportunities for both land and water activities. Day and night game drives are led by expert rangers and the open plains make cheetah, leopard and lion sightings a common occurrence. The beautiful landscape can also be explored by motorboat and canoe, a great way to spot some of the many bird species around the delta. Walking safaris can also be arranged but play a minor role in the camps offerings.
Guest accommodation is made up of eight classic safari tents and an exclusive honeymoon suite. Each tent is raised above the water on stilts and has a private terrace with fantastic views. Simple but comfortable, all rooms are twin bedded with the option of double beds available. Newly refurbished in 2015, the tents have been enlarged to include en-suite bathrooms with large walk in showers and luxurious fittings. Shinde Enclave is the exclusive ‘camp within a camp’ and is a great option for large groups to have more privacy and exclusive access to facilities.
Children are welcome at Shinde but there is a minimum age of 10 years old unless staying at the Enclave or booking out the whole camp. Whilst no specific children’s programme is in place, guides will do their best to tailor activities around families.
An intimate, comfortable camp with excellent staff, this is a great mid-range choice for those looking for a variety of activities and reliable game.
• 8 reed chalets in riverine forest setting
• Rustic eco- camp
• Stunning landscape vistas
• Cultural village visit & mokoro excursions
• Excellent birding
• 12 luxury tents with private plunge pools
• Stylishly comfortable lodge, numerous activities & discovery ambiance
• Spectacular vistas & stunning landscape
• Water-based camp with sense of exclusivity
• Fishing & excellent birding
- &Beyond Camp
- Land & Water based safari activities
- Contemporary & Luxurious
- Unique walks with elephants
- Traditional tented camp
- Private Game Reserve
-Tranquil lagoon-side location
-12 rooms, newly upgraded
-Boat trips, nature walks, seasonal fishing
-Friendly, efficient staff
- Water-based safari activities only
- Situated on the Xugana Lagoon
- Outstanding bird-watching opportunities
- Incredible views from guest chalets
- &Beyond Camp
- Luxury & Contemporary
- Private Concession
- Vehicle, Walking and night safari's
- Exclusive use of Footsteps Camp
- Personal guides for all purposes
- Designed for families with children
- Inspirational and educational children's activities
- Unique safari walks
- Authentic safari experience
- Located in the bush of the Okavango Delta
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Simple lagoon-side camp
- Mokoro and motorboat excursions
- Game drives, nature walks
- Wonderful birdlife
- Exclusive location
- Private concession
- Superb game viewing
- Birdwatcher's paradise
- Excellent wildlife area
- Accessible location
- Private viewing decks
- Located in the Xakanaxa area
- Surrounded by amazing diverse game
- Relatively high traffic location
- Located on Khwai River bank
- Wheel chair accessible lodge
- Spectacular riverside location
- 'Living with elephants' experience
- Intimate camp with impeccable service
- Mobile Camp
- Interconnecting Family Tents
- Ensuite Bush Shower & Loo
- Fully Serviced Camp
- Friendly, traditional safari camp
- Private concession
- Excellent dry season game viewing
- Modern, elegant chalets
- Excellent staff and guides
- Abundant wildlife
- Bushways Safaris portfolio
- Superb dry season game viewing
- Private concession
- Day and night game drives
- Canoe excursions
• 14 rooms & 1 suite with private decks
• Sweeping views & active game area
• Private concession: night drives & off-roading
• Observation deck & telescope
• Swimming pool & spa treatment room
• Superb bird & animal life
- Excellent dry-season game viewing
- Tranquil riverside location
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mokoro canoe excursions
- Luxurious accommodation
- Strong game, year round
- Prime position
- Private plunge pools
It was FANTASTIC! Beautifully organised, everything worked like clockwork. We agreed that we had the best support team ever (and we have experience) - all delightful, very professional and nothing was too much bother.
It clearly couldn't have been a better route, such a wonderful mix of landscapes. And plenty of acclimatisation time. Nonetheless, I was glad of my summit oxygen.
Kit excellent. Double good mattresses made for most comfortable trek camping ever. Tents v good. Mess tent pretty windproof, which was vital for enjoyment. Best camp loo ever!
My favourite day was Shira Cathedral. Amazing.
William M reviewing Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route on 15 April 2020
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
We had a fantastic time and all the arrangements worked perfectly.
We were very impressed with the quality and service levels of all 4 locations visited and it was truly a holiday of a lifetime.
Thank you to you and to Lisa for giving us this experience.
Particular highlights for us – really the whole experience, but of particular impact:
Breathtaking scenery at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Rhino Ridge game drives incredible, thanks to guide (we had their head guide, Hala, who’s knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, interaction, ability to spot wildlife was out of this world)
Luxury of Rhino Ridge (shower, food, views, service)
Immersion in nature, torch lit meal on last night and beach trip at Kosi Forest Lodge
Level of service, quality of food throughout
Catherine F reviewing South Africa Safari, Beach and Wetlands on 04 September 2019