-Prime game viewing
-Rare bird species
Okuti is a stylish, riverside camp in the Moremi National Park, part of the Okavango Delta, Northern Botswana. A charming camp in one of Botswana’s prime areas for game viewing, this is a popular location with sweeping views and plentiful wildlife.
The main areas of camp are large, thatched rondavels housing the main reception, lounge and dining areas. There is also a decking area surrounding a small pool with beautiful views across the lagoon. The camp was refurbished in 2014, transforming the décor into a much more innovative, modern design. Influenced by the water surrounding the property, the atmosphere is calm and tranquil.
Activities at Okuti are focused on exploring the resident wildlife in the area. With consistent year round game viewing, drives in open top vehicles are led by experienced rangers throughout the Moremi National Park. It is worth noting that this is a highly visited area during the high season and often you will see other vehicles out on safari. Motorboat safaris are a huge highlight of this lodge with some excellent birds to be seen, especially during the breeding season. Heron, stork, white egrets and red cormorants can all be spotted in the ‘mini heronry’. Due to park restrictions night drives, walking safaris and off-roading are not permitted which does restrict any further activities.
The accommodation here is comprised of only five reed-lined rooms, a honeymoon suite and two family units. All the rooms are ensuite with indoor and outdoor showers and the honeymoon suite has a bathtub. Whilst the mosasa (ancient tribal word for house of reeds) are fairly close in proximity, each has its own private deck with lovely river views giving guests a sense of privacy.
Children seven years and over are welcome all year round at Okuti. The two family units are ideal accommodation for families, especially as it is rare to find interconnecting rooms in this area. Whilst no specific children’s programme is in place, guides will do their best to tailor activities around families.
This is a high quality camp with great staff and strong game viewing at a slightly lower cost than many other properties in the surrounding area.
- Spectacular riverside location
- 'Living with elephants' experience
- Intimate camp with impeccable service
• 12 luxury tents with private plunge pools
• Stylishly comfortable lodge, numerous activities & discovery ambiance
• Spectacular vistas & stunning landscape
• Water-based camp with sense of exclusivity
• Fishing & excellent birding
- Unique walks with elephants
- Traditional tented camp
- Private Game Reserve
- &Beyond Camp
- Land & Water based safari activities
- Contemporary & Luxurious
- &Beyond Camp
- Luxury & Contemporary
- Private Concession
- Vehicle, Walking and night safari's
• 8 reed chalets in riverine forest setting
• Rustic eco- camp
• Stunning landscape vistas
• Cultural village visit & mokoro excursions
• Excellent birding
- Land and water based activities
- Reliable game
- Welcoming and attentive staff
-Tranquil lagoon-side location
-12 rooms, newly upgraded
-Boat trips, nature walks, seasonal fishing
-Friendly, efficient staff
- Excellent wildlife area
- Accessible location
- Private viewing decks
- Located in the Xakanaxa area
- Surrounded by amazing diverse game
- Relatively high traffic location
- Located on Khwai River bank
- Wheel chair accessible lodge
- Simple lagoon-side camp
- Mokoro and motorboat excursions
- Game drives, nature walks
- Wonderful birdlife
- Exclusive use of Footsteps Camp
- Personal guides for all purposes
- Designed for families with children
- Inspirational and educational children's activities
- Unique safari walks
- Authentic safari experience
- Located in the bush of the Okavango Delta
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Water-based safari activities only
- Situated on the Xugana Lagoon
- Outstanding bird-watching opportunities
- Incredible views from guest chalets
- Exclusive location
- Private concession
- Superb game viewing
- Birdwatcher's paradise
- Mobile Camp
- Interconnecting Family Tents
- Ensuite Bush Shower & Loo
- Fully Serviced Camp
- Friendly, traditional safari camp
- Private concession
- Excellent dry season game viewing
- Modern, elegant chalets
- Excellent staff and guides
- Abundant wildlife
- Bushways Safaris portfolio
- Superb dry season game viewing
- Private concession
- Day and night game drives
- Canoe excursions
• 14 rooms & 1 suite with private decks
• Sweeping views & active game area
• Private concession: night drives & off-roading
• Observation deck & telescope
• Swimming pool & spa treatment room
• Superb bird & animal life
- Excellent dry-season game viewing
- Tranquil riverside location
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mokoro canoe excursions
- Luxurious accommodation
- Strong game, year round
- Prime position
- Private plunge pools
It was FANTASTIC! Beautifully organised, everything worked like clockwork. We agreed that we had the best support team ever (and we have experience) - all delightful, very professional and nothing was too much bother.
It clearly couldn't have been a better route, such a wonderful mix of landscapes. And plenty of acclimatisation time. Nonetheless, I was glad of my summit oxygen.
Kit excellent. Double good mattresses made for most comfortable trek camping ever. Tents v good. Mess tent pretty windproof, which was vital for enjoyment. Best camp loo ever!
My favourite day was Shira Cathedral. Amazing.
William M reviewing Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route on 15 April 2020
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
We had a fantastic time and all the arrangements worked perfectly.
We were very impressed with the quality and service levels of all 4 locations visited and it was truly a holiday of a lifetime.
Thank you to you and to Lisa for giving us this experience.
Particular highlights for us – really the whole experience, but of particular impact:
Breathtaking scenery at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Rhino Ridge game drives incredible, thanks to guide (we had their head guide, Hala, who’s knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, interaction, ability to spot wildlife was out of this world)
Luxury of Rhino Ridge (shower, food, views, service)
Immersion in nature, torch lit meal on last night and beach trip at Kosi Forest Lodge
Level of service, quality of food throughout
Catherine F reviewing South Africa Safari, Beach and Wetlands on 04 September 2019