- Canoe Safaris
- Scenic Location
- Great value for money
Moremi crossing is a part of a number of ‘Under One Botswana Sky’ properties located on the Okavango Delta, Northern Botswana. On the border of the beautiful Moremi Game Reserve this lodge offers some fantastic walking safaris and comfortable accommodation for those on a smaller budget.
Set on an island in the middle of the Delta, Moremi crossing has brilliant access to the floodplains that spread across the area. The main building is large with an open plan deck, giving guests great views of nearby Chief’s island and the surrounding greenery. Under thatched roofs there is a dining room, lounge, bar and shop and a smaller decking area leads to a pleasant swimming pool.
Activities here make use of the many waterways and floodplains and consequently no vehicle safaris are on offer. Canoe, motorboat and walking safaris are how guests experience the Delta and are a fantastic way of seeing this unique habitat. Island camping, sunset cruises and fishing can also be organised leaving guests with plenty to choose from.
Accommodation is split into sixteen luxury Meru style tents making this a fairly large camp. Each tent is spacious and traditionally furnished with private decks and lovely views. All rooms have conventional ensuite bathrooms and solar powered outdoor showers. A honeymoon suite and Family tent are also available.
Children from 8 are welcome at Moremi, although a minimum age of 12 for walking and canoe safaris means, for the full experience, children must be 12 years or over. There are no specific activities for children as seen at more commercial properties, but guides do their best to tailor the experience to each group. The family tent can house a family of four comfortably.
Moremi has a great position on the Okavango Delta and offers a much more relaxed safari experience. The absence of vehicles makes for a nice change, although guests shouldn’t come expecting to see larger game in this way, although elephants can be reliably spotted. A high level of service and a competitive price makes this a great place from which to explore the Delta.
- &Beyond Camp
- Land & Water based safari activities
- Contemporary & Luxurious
- Exclusive location
- Private concession
- Superb game viewing
- Birdwatcher's paradise
- Land and water based activities
- Reliable game
- Welcoming and attentive staff
• 8 reed chalets in riverine forest setting
• Rustic eco- camp
• Stunning landscape vistas
• Cultural village visit & mokoro excursions
• Excellent birding
• 12 luxury tents with private plunge pools
• Stylishly comfortable lodge, numerous activities & discovery ambiance
• Spectacular vistas & stunning landscape
• Water-based camp with sense of exclusivity
• Fishing & excellent birding
-Tranquil lagoon-side location
-12 rooms, newly upgraded
-Boat trips, nature walks, seasonal fishing
-Friendly, efficient staff
- Water-based safari activities only
- Situated on the Xugana Lagoon
- Outstanding bird-watching opportunities
- Incredible views from guest chalets
- Unique walks with elephants
- Traditional tented camp
- Private Game Reserve
- Unique safari walks
- Authentic safari experience
- Located in the bush of the Okavango Delta
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Exclusive use of Footsteps Camp
- Personal guides for all purposes
- Designed for families with children
- Inspirational and educational children's activities
- Simple lagoon-side camp
- Mokoro and motorboat excursions
- Game drives, nature walks
- Wonderful birdlife
- &Beyond Camp
- Luxury & Contemporary
- Private Concession
- Vehicle, Walking and night safari's
- Surrounded by amazing diverse game
- Relatively high traffic location
- Located on Khwai River bank
- Wheel chair accessible lodge
- Excellent wildlife area
- Accessible location
- Private viewing decks
- Located in the Xakanaxa area
- Spectacular riverside location
- 'Living with elephants' experience
- Intimate camp with impeccable service
- Luxurious accommodation
- Strong game, year round
- Prime position
- Private plunge pools
- Mobile Camp
- Interconnecting Family Tents
- Ensuite Bush Shower & Loo
- Fully Serviced Camp
- Modern, elegant chalets
- Excellent staff and guides
- Abundant wildlife
- Bushways Safaris portfolio
- Friendly, traditional safari camp
- Private concession
- Excellent dry season game viewing
- Superb dry season game viewing
- Private concession
- Day and night game drives
- Canoe excursions
• 14 rooms & 1 suite with private decks
• Sweeping views & active game area
• Private concession: night drives & off-roading
• Observation deck & telescope
• Swimming pool & spa treatment room
• Superb bird & animal life
- Excellent dry-season game viewing
- Tranquil riverside location
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mokoro canoe excursions
It was FANTASTIC! Beautifully organised, everything worked like clockwork. We agreed that we had the best support team ever (and we have experience) - all delightful, very professional and nothing was too much bother.
It clearly couldn't have been a better route, such a wonderful mix of landscapes. And plenty of acclimatisation time. Nonetheless, I was glad of my summit oxygen.
Kit excellent. Double good mattresses made for most comfortable trek camping ever. Tents v good. Mess tent pretty windproof, which was vital for enjoyment. Best camp loo ever!
My favourite day was Shira Cathedral. Amazing.
William M reviewing Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route on 15 April 2020
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
We had a fantastic time and all the arrangements worked perfectly.
We were very impressed with the quality and service levels of all 4 locations visited and it was truly a holiday of a lifetime.
Thank you to you and to Lisa for giving us this experience.
Particular highlights for us – really the whole experience, but of particular impact:
Breathtaking scenery at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Rhino Ridge game drives incredible, thanks to guide (we had their head guide, Hala, who’s knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, interaction, ability to spot wildlife was out of this world)
Luxury of Rhino Ridge (shower, food, views, service)
Immersion in nature, torch lit meal on last night and beach trip at Kosi Forest Lodge
Level of service, quality of food throughout
Catherine F reviewing South Africa Safari, Beach and Wetlands on 04 September 2019