- Spectacular riverside location
- 'Living with elephants' experience
- Intimate camp with impeccable service
A ‘Sanctuary’ property, Baines Camp is a high end, luxury safari camp located in a private reserve in the Okavango Delta, Northern Botswana. This eco-friendly camp is fantastically small with a wide range of activities and situated above a beautiful lagoon.
Made from recycled tin cans and commercially grown wood, the camp has a limited impact on the environment and blends in to its natural surroundings. The circular main building houses a lovely dining area and sitting room and leads out to a pleasant camp fire area. A large wooden deck and swimming pool are the perfect places to relax and wooden walkways connect the guest suites.
The activities offered at Baines are strong and include game drives, walking safaris and motor boat safaris. The private game reserve gives the camp the freedom to offer night drives and unrestricted access to the surrounding bush. An untouched wilderness, being away from the well-worn tracks of other reserves, is a huge advantage.
A highlight for many is the ‘Living with elephants’ experience. A small conservation project near by invites guests to come and meet their three resident elephants and spend the day walking and enjoying a picnic lunch. An unusual and hugely popular activity, the Living with Elephants project is a great way to get up close to these magnificent creatures.
One of the smallest camps you will find, there are only five luxury suites. Each suite houses two guests and is elegantly furnished with four poster beds and large ensuite bathrooms. Unusually, mains electricity and wifi are in every room and the private decks give guests the opportunity to enjoy a night or a bath under the stars.
Children over 12 years old are welcome at Baines; younger families will need to hire a private vehicle for children under this age to be accepted. There are no specific programmes for kids but the guides do their best to tailor the experience to each guest.
Baines Camp is an idyllic, intimate camp that offers a high level of service and safari. For those looking for a more authentic experience in an untouched habitat this is a sure winner.
- &Beyond Camp
- Luxury & Contemporary
- Private Concession
- Vehicle, Walking and night safari's
- Unique walks with elephants
- Traditional tented camp
- Private Game Reserve
• 12 luxury tents with private plunge pools
• Stylishly comfortable lodge, numerous activities & discovery ambiance
• Spectacular vistas & stunning landscape
• Water-based camp with sense of exclusivity
• Fishing & excellent birding
• 8 reed chalets in riverine forest setting
• Rustic eco- camp
• Stunning landscape vistas
• Cultural village visit & mokoro excursions
• Excellent birding
- Land and water based activities
- Reliable game
- Welcoming and attentive staff
- Excellent wildlife area
- Accessible location
- Private viewing decks
- Located in the Xakanaxa area
- Surrounded by amazing diverse game
- Relatively high traffic location
- Located on Khwai River bank
- Wheel chair accessible lodge
- &Beyond Camp
- Land & Water based safari activities
- Contemporary & Luxurious
- Simple lagoon-side camp
- Mokoro and motorboat excursions
- Game drives, nature walks
- Wonderful birdlife
-Tranquil lagoon-side location
-12 rooms, newly upgraded
-Boat trips, nature walks, seasonal fishing
-Friendly, efficient staff
- Exclusive use of Footsteps Camp
- Personal guides for all purposes
- Designed for families with children
- Inspirational and educational children's activities
- Unique safari walks
- Authentic safari experience
- Located in the bush of the Okavango Delta
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Mobile Camp
- Interconnecting Family Tents
- Ensuite Bush Shower & Loo
- Fully Serviced Camp
- Friendly, traditional safari camp
- Private concession
- Excellent dry season game viewing
- Water-based safari activities only
- Situated on the Xugana Lagoon
- Outstanding bird-watching opportunities
- Incredible views from guest chalets
- Modern, elegant chalets
- Excellent staff and guides
- Abundant wildlife
- Bushways Safaris portfolio
- Superb dry season game viewing
- Private concession
- Day and night game drives
- Canoe excursions
• 14 rooms & 1 suite with private decks
• Sweeping views & active game area
• Private concession: night drives & off-roading
• Observation deck & telescope
• Swimming pool & spa treatment room
• Superb bird & animal life
- Excellent dry-season game viewing
- Tranquil riverside location
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mokoro canoe excursions
- Exclusive location
- Private concession
- Superb game viewing
- Birdwatcher's paradise
- Luxurious accommodation
- Strong game, year round
- Prime position
- Private plunge pools
It was FANTASTIC! Beautifully organised, everything worked like clockwork. We agreed that we had the best support team ever (and we have experience) - all delightful, very professional and nothing was too much bother.
It clearly couldn't have been a better route, such a wonderful mix of landscapes. And plenty of acclimatisation time. Nonetheless, I was glad of my summit oxygen.
Kit excellent. Double good mattresses made for most comfortable trek camping ever. Tents v good. Mess tent pretty windproof, which was vital for enjoyment. Best camp loo ever!
My favourite day was Shira Cathedral. Amazing.
William M reviewing Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route on 15 April 2020
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
We had a fantastic time and all the arrangements worked perfectly.
We were very impressed with the quality and service levels of all 4 locations visited and it was truly a holiday of a lifetime.
Thank you to you and to Lisa for giving us this experience.
Particular highlights for us – really the whole experience, but of particular impact:
Breathtaking scenery at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Rhino Ridge game drives incredible, thanks to guide (we had their head guide, Hala, who’s knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, interaction, ability to spot wildlife was out of this world)
Luxury of Rhino Ridge (shower, food, views, service)
Immersion in nature, torch lit meal on last night and beach trip at Kosi Forest Lodge
Level of service, quality of food throughout
Catherine F reviewing South Africa Safari, Beach and Wetlands on 04 September 2019