- scenic location
- land and water activities
- Competitive price
As the name suggests, this camp is located on Pom Pom Island, on the South side of the Okavango Delta, Northern Botswana. This charming camp is in a great location from which to explore the floodplains of the Delta and offers a very competitive price.
Situated next to a lagoon, this camp is relaxed and scenic. The main building has open facilities all housed under a large thatched roof. A dining room, lounge areas, bar, shop and boma are a short walk away from a cosy shaded pool area offering guests plenty of ways to relax during their leisure time. In such a prime position expect a variety of animals to wander through camp including hippos, baboons and elephants!
The camp offers a number of different activities; the most popular being very much dependent on the time of year in this changing landscape. The traditional vehicle safaris offer the best sightings between November and May and experienced rangers are skilled at finding the best wildlife. For the remainder of the year, walking, motorboat and canoe safaris are all fantastic ways to enjoy the Delta and spot big predators such as lions, wild dog and leopards.
Accommodation is made up of nine ensuite Meru style tents, all with views over Pom Pom lagoon. Raised above the river with gorgeous views and larger than most safari accommodation, the rooms here are a pleasant surprise. The bedroom areas lead onto a large lounge, ensuite bathroom and outside shower. A family tent and a honeymoon suite (including an outside bathtub) are also available. The camp is run on solar power so no wifi is available but charging is available centrally.
The minimum age at Pom Pom Camp is 6 years old. Families with children aged 6-12 must book a private guide and vehicle at extra cost and under 12s won't be able to take part in mokoro (canoe) and walking activities.
Pom Pom Camp is a reliable choice for guests looking to experience all Okavango has to offer at a much more reasonable price than some other neighbouring camps. With strong wildlife, comfortable accommodation and professional staff, this is one of our favourites in the area.
- &Beyond Camp
- Land & Water based safari activities
- Contemporary & Luxurious
- Exclusive location
- Private concession
- Superb game viewing
- Birdwatcher's paradise
- Land and water based activities
- Reliable game
- Welcoming and attentive staff
• 8 reed chalets in riverine forest setting
• Rustic eco- camp
• Stunning landscape vistas
• Cultural village visit & mokoro excursions
• Excellent birding
• 12 luxury tents with private plunge pools
• Stylishly comfortable lodge, numerous activities & discovery ambiance
• Spectacular vistas & stunning landscape
• Water-based camp with sense of exclusivity
• Fishing & excellent birding
-Tranquil lagoon-side location
-12 rooms, newly upgraded
-Boat trips, nature walks, seasonal fishing
-Friendly, efficient staff
- Water-based safari activities only
- Situated on the Xugana Lagoon
- Outstanding bird-watching opportunities
- Incredible views from guest chalets
- Unique walks with elephants
- Traditional tented camp
- Private Game Reserve
- Unique safari walks
- Authentic safari experience
- Located in the bush of the Okavango Delta
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Exclusive use of Footsteps Camp
- Personal guides for all purposes
- Designed for families with children
- Inspirational and educational children's activities
- Simple lagoon-side camp
- Mokoro and motorboat excursions
- Game drives, nature walks
- Wonderful birdlife
- &Beyond Camp
- Luxury & Contemporary
- Private Concession
- Vehicle, Walking and night safari's
- Surrounded by amazing diverse game
- Relatively high traffic location
- Located on Khwai River bank
- Wheel chair accessible lodge
- Excellent wildlife area
- Accessible location
- Private viewing decks
- Located in the Xakanaxa area
- Spectacular riverside location
- 'Living with elephants' experience
- Intimate camp with impeccable service
- Luxurious accommodation
- Strong game, year round
- Prime position
- Private plunge pools
- Mobile Camp
- Interconnecting Family Tents
- Ensuite Bush Shower & Loo
- Fully Serviced Camp
- Modern, elegant chalets
- Excellent staff and guides
- Abundant wildlife
- Bushways Safaris portfolio
- Friendly, traditional safari camp
- Private concession
- Excellent dry season game viewing
- Superb dry season game viewing
- Private concession
- Day and night game drives
- Canoe excursions
• 14 rooms & 1 suite with private decks
• Sweeping views & active game area
• Private concession: night drives & off-roading
• Observation deck & telescope
• Swimming pool & spa treatment room
• Superb bird & animal life
- Excellent dry-season game viewing
- Tranquil riverside location
- Game drives and walking safaris
- Mokoro canoe excursions
It was FANTASTIC! Beautifully organised, everything worked like clockwork. We agreed that we had the best support team ever (and we have experience) - all delightful, very professional and nothing was too much bother.
It clearly couldn't have been a better route, such a wonderful mix of landscapes. And plenty of acclimatisation time. Nonetheless, I was glad of my summit oxygen.
Kit excellent. Double good mattresses made for most comfortable trek camping ever. Tents v good. Mess tent pretty windproof, which was vital for enjoyment. Best camp loo ever!
My favourite day was Shira Cathedral. Amazing.
William M reviewing Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route on 15 April 2020
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
We had a fantastic time and all the arrangements worked perfectly.
We were very impressed with the quality and service levels of all 4 locations visited and it was truly a holiday of a lifetime.
Thank you to you and to Lisa for giving us this experience.
Particular highlights for us – really the whole experience, but of particular impact:
Breathtaking scenery at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Rhino Ridge game drives incredible, thanks to guide (we had their head guide, Hala, who’s knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, interaction, ability to spot wildlife was out of this world)
Luxury of Rhino Ridge (shower, food, views, service)
Immersion in nature, torch lit meal on last night and beach trip at Kosi Forest Lodge
Level of service, quality of food throughout
Catherine F reviewing South Africa Safari, Beach and Wetlands on 04 September 2019