With its rich cultural heritage, amazing scenery, towering Andean peaks, dense Amazon rainforest and friendly and inviting people, Peru is a fantastic destination to explore with children.
We are a ABTA & ATOL bonded tour operator specialising in family holidays and we know Peru inside out. We pride ourselves on designing itineraries that will suit every member of the family. Older families will love the experience of Trekking the Inca Trail together and who can’t resist the chance to spend the night in a remote lodge deep in the Amazon
We know every family is unique, so get in touch and we'll work with you to organise a trip that will blow everyone in your family's socks off!
Our Peru Family Holidays are rated 5 out of 5
I had been a little nervous about the prospect of sleeping in a room open to the jungle but am now a complete convert, the noises and views into the vegetation were fascinating and best enjoyed from the comfort of a hammock!
Jenny See more reviews
There is more to Peru than the Inca Trail. One of our most popular family itineraries in Peru combines the Sacred Valley, Cusco, Machu Picchu and the Amazon.
Whilst Peru isn't a classic beach destination, it is possible to combine with a few days on the Coast - expect low key surf beaches rather than flat calm water and sun loungers.
15-day Peru holiday for energetic, outdoorsy families (12yo+) with a keen sense of adventure who want to trek the Inca Trail and experience Peru's highlights. Includes the Sacred Valley, Cusco, Inca Trail, Machu Picchu and Amazon.
Tailor-made Classic 15 days
From £2,997 per person
Luxury 13 day family adventure in Peru offering perfect mix of culture, history and activity. Visit Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu & stay in a remote Amazon jungle lodge.
Tailor-made Luxury 13 days
From £4,643 per person
16 day family adventure in Peru combining the highlights of Peru's Inca & Amazon areas with relaxing time on the beach.
Tailor-made Luxury 16 days
From £4,355 per person
The ultimate Peruvian adventure for budget-conscious families. Explore Lima and the ruins of the Sacred Valley, experience vibrant Cusco and trek the Inca Trail.
Tailor-made Classic 12 days
From £1,638 per person
We know every family is unique. Your dedicated travel consultant will develop a bespoke trip just for you.
Tailor-made doesn't have to be expensive. We work hard to be on brief and below budget.
We have years of experience creating family holidays. We take away all the stress to create the perfect family holiday.
- Historic hotel with central location
- Onsite dining
- Charming unique rooms
- Belmond service (formerly Orient Express)
- Particularly remote spot in the Amazon
- Superb biodiversity in untouched location
- Night jungle walks, macaw clay lick visits
- Floodplain walking trails, endangered species
- Immersive rainforest experience
- Relatively short hop from Puerto Maldonado
- Cultural village & farm visits, river cruises
- Bird watching from tree canopy, night walks
- Upmarket boutique hotel steeped in history
- Well located for exploring Cusco
- Lovely central courtyard
- Butler service, spa, gym, yoga, cookery class
- Historic, eco-friendly property
- Centrally located in Cusco
- Walking, horse riding, motorbike excursions
- Breath-taking mountainside setting
- Multiple excursions available
- Back-to-basics philosophy
- Swimming pool, sauna, spa treatments
- Luxury base in stunning Sacred Valley
- 43 charming stone 'casitas' with views
- Spa, pool, gym, biking, kayaking, riding
- Horse shows, pottery workshops
- Immersive Amazon experience
- Best for adventurous travellers
- Activities for all ages, great for families
- Mountain biking, cruises, jungle walks
The rainy season in both the jungle and the mountains is from November through April. In the mountains, the temperature is mild, but the days will be wet. If you choose to travel to the rainforest at this time, always be prepared for heavy rain that can continue for hours or days. Around 80% of the annual average 3000 mm rainfall occurs during this season.
May - October is a cooler, drier season in both the mountains and the jungle. In the mountains, expect sunny days with cold nights. In the jungle, general weather conditions are warm and humid. The average daytime high is between 78° and 93° F (24° and 31°C) and the average night-time low is between 66° and 78° F (20° and 24°C). Nevertheless between May and September, cold fronts from Argentina can sweep into southwestern Amazonia and push daytime highs down to 50° F (9° C) and the night-time lows to 43° F (5° C).
The peak season for trekking the Inca Trail is June - August when the permits sell out months in advance. The weather at this time is cold at night, but lovely in the days with little rain and plenty of sunshine. The rainy season lasts from November - March and whilst the treks are much quieter, the rain, especially in January & February, can make the trekking harder work.