- Historic hotel with central location
- Onsite dining
- Charming unique rooms
- Belmond service (formerly Orient Express)
Situated next to the lively Cusco central square, the Belmond Monasterio Hotel is formerly a monastery and now a national monument dating back to 1592. The hotel’s history is enhanced by the stunning art that adorns the Inca stone walls and the columns that rise from a series of inner courtyards, with the main cloister protecting a 300-year-old cedar tree. There is also a baroque chapel decorated with works by Cusqueña artists.
There are 122 ensuite rooms and suites with rich wood furnishings, antique artwork and architectural quirks add to the historic atmosphere, while window shutters open to reveal views of the courtyard or the red tile rooftops of Cusco. The hotel’s two restaurants offer a refined culinary experience with El Tupay serving classic international cuisine featuring fresh, locally sourced ingredients, and Illariy serving hearty breakfasts and light lunches.
There is so much to do in and around the vibrant city of Cusco. Stroll down the cobbled streets, visit museums and art galleries or discover famous sights such as Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley.
- Historic, eco-friendly property
- Centrally located in Cusco
- Walking, horse riding, motorbike excursions
- Elegant historic hotel
- Tranquil central location
- Beautiful gardens and heated pool
- Personal butler service, lovely activities
- Upmarket boutique hotel steeped in history
- Well located for exploring Cusco
- Lovely central courtyard
- Butler service, spa, gym, yoga, cookery class
- Central Cusco location
- Attractions within walking distance
- Great mid-range option
- Historic property with contemporary touches
- Excellent central Cusco location
- Near main square, museums, markets, cafes
- Excursions further afield available
- Historic, characterful boutique hotel
- Close to 'Plaza de Armas' main square
- Beautifully-presented rooms
- Good value for money
- Charming guesthouse
- Central location
- Good Value
- Colonial courtyard
We had the most amazing time. It exceeded all my hopes of what the trip would be. The guides, the hotels - everything was of such a wonderful quality. Thank you for organizing everything. I will absolutely recommend Tourdust and use you again.
Claudia L reviewing Luxury Desert Holiday on 11 January 2024
We had a brilliant trip!
An amazing experience for parents, children and grandparents alike.
We are already planning a trip to Vietnam next year
Kate B reviewing Morocco Family Holiday: Kasbahs, Mountains & Souks on 10 January 2024
Dear Lisa. On behalf of the three generations of the Rowland family. Thank you, so much, for organising our wonderful holiday to Botswana and the Victoria Falls. The trip of a lifetime. The week mobile camping in the bush, with our guide Nandos and his crew was a fantastic adventure. How they manage to cook such wonderful food on an open fire is amazing. The sites were constantly visited by monkeys and once by elephants. We were even lucky enough to see two packs of wild dogs, once with a kill. Waterberry Lodge on the Zambezi River is a wonderfully tranquil place. Ideal to relax after the adventures of our safari and visiting Victoria Falls. Very many thanks once again
Godfrey R reviewing Private Mobile Family Safari in Botswana on 25 September 2023