- Location central Cape Town
- Lots of activities nearby
- Family suites
- Rooms with views
Situated in the heart of Cape Town along the V&A Waterfront, overlooking the marina with a view of the distant mountains, Lawhill Luxury Apartments promises to be a great base from which to explore the surrounding city. Ideal for couples, friends, and family looking for sea activities and mountain views.
Due to its central location, the resort has a number of activities nearby. Guests can go golfing, sailing, kayaking, biking, hiking, or join Ecotours on mountain trails. There is also a nearby aquarium that is definitely worth a visit.
Guest accommodation consists of 30 luxury en-suite apartments, each with its own lounge, dining room, fully equipped kitchen, 5-star amenities, luxury linen, and private patio or deck. The private kitchen and dining facilities that come with each room are a great feature for families looking for respite from the city. There is an outdoor pool and communal gym facilities, as well as a rooftop terrace overlooking the whole bay.
Children of all ages are welcome, and there is plenty to do around the resort to keep kids entertained.
- Great views of Table Mountain and the sea
- Right beside popular shopping area
- Outdoor pool, spa, fitness centre
- Complimentary shuttle service across city
- Well presented stylish hotel
- Great attention to detail
- Centrally located
- Good on-site facilities
- High-end luxury hotel
- Amazing room views
- Central but secluded location
- Great service for all ages
- Upmarket hotel in waterfront location
- Superb panoramic views
- Spacious modern rooms and suites
- Pool, spa, gym, bars, and restaurants
- 252 modern studio rooms
- Trendy urban hotel
- Ideal waterfront location
- Rooftop pool, grill & bar
- Bakery & barista coffee
- 587 sleek, contemporary rooms
- Recently refurbished
- Central Cape Town, waterfront bar
- Pool, spa, gym
- 394 contemporary rooms and suites
- Close to V&A waterfront
- Indoor and outdoor pools, gym and spa
- Wheelchair accessible rooms available
- Central location in Cape Town
- Relaxation facilities
- Children's activities
- Rooms with Ocean/Mountain views
- Boutique hotel in central location
- Fabulous views of Table Mountain
- Pool, restaurant, bar, and gym
- Wine tours, mountain treks & shops nearby
- Located in the residential suburb of Tamboerskloof
- 7 spacious contemporary rooms
- Attractive shaded garden with a patio and heated pool
- Beautifully restored Victorian gem with a friendly atmosphere
- Classic architecture, Oregon floors & white shutters
- Located central Cape Town
- Not many activities on-resort
- Spacious apartments
- Stylish boutique hotel
- Plunge Pool
- Neighbourhood Location
- Charming guesthouse with character
- Situated in a quiet residential area
- Stunning views of Table Mountain
- Smart, stylish property
- 10 minutes from Cape Town centre
- Lovely gardens and two pools
- Stylish, intimate boutique hotel
- Tranquil location close to amenities
- Lovely gardens, pool, and restaurant
- Short drive to sights and beaches
- Lovingly preserved building over 100 years old
- Nestled on the slopes of Table Mountain
- Quaint, cosy accommodation
- Homely Guesthouse
- Pool and Gardens
- Neighbourhood location
- Incredible location in Cape Town
- Luxury hotel experience
- Amazing facilities
- Family Friendly
- Stylish self-catering apartments
- Flexible accommodation, concierge service
- Super location in chic Camps Bay
- Swimming pools, spa, tennis courts
- Private Nature reserve
- 500 yards from the beach
- Extensive facilities
- Convenient beach access
- 4 swimming pools and spa
- Tennis and squash courts
- Gym with optional personal trainer
- Camps Bay Apartments
- Good Value
- Contemporary style
- Swimming Pool
- Set in a trendy Cape Town suburb
- Peaceful property, contemporary feel
- Pool & bar, near shops and restaurants
- White beaches, hiking, nature trails close by
- Stunning views
- Great Facilities
- Part of Table Mountain National Park
- Conveniently located in trendy Camps Bay
- 4 Penthouses, 2 apartments, 2 houses and 3 studios
- Fully equipped kitchen, pool, concierge services
- Walk to top beaches, hip restaurants and bars
- 6 chic rooms & suites
- Elevated position with stunning views
- Tranquil, urban hideaway
- Pool & Jacuzzi
Close to beach & restaurants
- Historic & Contemporary
- Lush Parkland
- Indoor & Outdoor Spa
- Banyan Tree Spa
- Elegant boutique hotel
- Tranquil setting in beautiful gardens
- 20 minutes to downtown Cape Town
- Stylish property in affluent wine suburb
- Beautifully presented gardens with pool
- 15 minutes from central Cape Town
- Gourmet dining experience
- 400m from Cape Town Airport
- Tranquil wetland setting
- 145 room / 4* Hotel
- Eco pool & Outdoor Gym
- 24 luxury rooms & suites
- Stunning estate with vineyard & mountain views
- Gourmet food & award-winning wines
- National Monument
- Golf course, pool & spa
- Set on a mountain side with lovely views
- Characterful boutique hotel near golf courses
- Wine estates, theatre & water sports nearby
- Swimming pool, gym, library, restaurant
- Isolated location on beach
- Private patios and gardens
- Exploration activities
- Relaxation facilities
A holiday of a lifetime. Spend 4 days exploring the best of Cape Town, before heading to Kruger for world class safari.
Tailor-made Luxury 8 days
From $2,247 per person
Two week family holiday including some of the best family friendly lodges in South Africa & Malaria free safari in Madikwe
Tailor-made Luxury 12 days
From $5,566 per person
Self drive Cape Town, Garden Route and Safari holiday with private guided tours in Cape Town. Suitable for families.
Tailor-made Classic 12 days
From $2,227 per person
Can't praise tour dust enough, they helped us to create a holiday of a lifetime that has given us family memories we will treasure forever. From start to finish the whole experience was exactly what we wanted and more. Due to covid we waited 2 and a half years for this trip but worth the wait.
Carly R reviewing Value KwaZulu-Natal Safari and Mauritius on 07 November 2022
We had an absolutely fantastic time, thank you! My comments here contain just very minor things which could have improved it - please don’t take it as any criticism of the holiday which we absolutely loved, but small tweaks which could have improved it even further!
Arrival and transfer were superb - lovely to be met straight off the plane and smoothly transferred straight to the waterfront.
You should note that Lawhill no longer has a dedicated reception - this caused a couple of issues getting into the accommodation and meeting our guide. Just worth letting people know as nothing which wasn’t overcome with a couple of calls to the complex reception.
The accommodation itself was ideal for us - spacious, clean and a great base to relax and go out to dinner.
Our guide from AWOL, Bevan, was first class - really friendly knowledgeable and great with the kids. 10/10!
The tours were a perfect balance for us of interesting stuff for adults and children
If I could change anything from our holiday, I’d have had an extra day at leisure in Cape Town, so much to do in the city itself.
Also worth noting the cable car to Table Mountain seems to be closed during August - just worth noting in advance as we had planned to do that. The aquarium was a good second best though which the kids probably enjoyed more!
Departure was a pain - our car didn’t turn up at 4.00 as per the schedule which was a pain, particularly that early in the morning. On contacting them, they said it has been booked at 4.45 - an extra 45 mins sleep would have been good - just worth double checking those in future.
Transfer to Madikwe was superb again and really easy
Accommodation was good - I guess this might be because we originally booked a couple of years ago, but the bed for the kids was a bit small for a 9 and 11 year old. Our bed was so big however that Chloe just bunked down with us so no problem at all. Food and service was first class.
Our safari guide, Pride, was amazing. I’d recommend a private safari to anyone - we were able to be flexible with times and destinations (for example on one day he picked us up a couple of hours early to we could drive much further into the reserve which was rewarded with some cheetahs, another day we went on an all-dayer rather than morning and evening) - mixing things up to see more made a great experience even better.
Transfer back to Johannesburg was just as easy
Johannesburg hotel was ok - nothing special but for a transfer hotel it did what we needed!
Transfer to and from the resort was seamless
The resort is lovely - food, accommodation and facilities all great. After such a busy start to the holiday we didn’t really take full advantage of all the water sports but anything we did do was really easy and great fun. Would definitely recommend it to others!
For a family like ours the drinks package wouldn’t have been good value so pleased we just went full board (having a few drinks during the day and a bottle of wine with dinner our bill came to about £450)
Just to note a specific plus from the resort: I has some issues with my banking whilst away - the resort waived the fees on my phone call back to the UK to sort it out. Little things like that really make a great impression and reflect so well on the management.
Thank you again for all your work helping us get there in such difficult times. Great memories of a superb holiday for all the family!
Matt W reviewing South Africa Madikwe Safari and Mauritius on 31 August 2022
I don’t know if you collect feedback but thought it might be useful for you! Happy for you to use any of my comments in testimonials etc.
We had an utterly amazing holiday and firstly I want to thank you for your patience during what was a very frustrating process for all of us / my procrastination, then covid, date changes, flight cancellations / I can’t quite believe we got there in the end and the trip lived up to all our expectations. Our itinerary felt pretty much perfect so thank you for all the advice and steering in the right direction.
Thank you also for your flexibility in terms of allowing us to book certain aspects of our trip independently (Cape Town) and then adding flights at a later date. The flexibility to do this and change dates etc was brilliant.
Originally we intended to self drive, mainly to save cost and then I got nervous about it and we had transfers for the whole trip. Once we were there I was aware that pretty much everyone one was self driving and that the N2 route was actually quite straightforward. In retrospect we could have done self drive however my husband and I both agreed that for us the transfer option was probably best. Although a straightforward route, the N2 is quite a hairy road with lots of trucks and there was a definite etiquette for driving and overtaking. Our son is quite anxious and I think he would have found the driving stressful and so we feel we made the right choice.
It obviously meant that we were not able to do any self drive safari but this did not matter, I would not have wanted to the advantages of being taken with someone who can spot things we would never have seen, imparting huge amounts of knowledge and having the right vehicles for going off road were worth every penny.
St Lucia, this was a great place to start our safari, we did a night drive (highly recommend), a day safari up to Cape Vidal and also a boat trip on the estuary. Would recommend all of it. Our accommodation at Lidiko Lodge was comfortable and they do a lovely breakfast on a gorgeous terrace. The rooms are quite dark and although there was nothing wrong with it, it was probably our least favourite accommodation on our trip.
Ghost Mountain Inn, we arrived here after 4 full on days in Cape Town and then 2 days in St Lucia so were ready for a bit of a rest and it really was lovely. We had lovely rooms, enjoyed the pool, food and did a fantastic trip to visit the local Zulu village and then a morning game drive into Mkhuze park (they have hides here and it was wonderful to watch the animals come to the waterhole to drink) it felt slightly more intimate than watching them from a vehicle.
Rhino River Lodge, undoubtedly the highlight of the trip. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. The food was lovely, the level of service was amazing (little touches like hot water bottles on your seat at dinner and hot flannels and an aperitif handed to us as we returned from our evening game drive. It was 3/4 star rather than 5 star and the rooms were quite rustic (very comfy beds) but we really liked that (not 5 star people) and felt very comfortable with the children who were made very welcome and there were food options to suit them (although mostly they ate the adult food but nice to have an alternative, simpler option). The ONLY downside is that you can hear the N2 from the lodge and initially it bothered me a bit but actually it was such a fabulous place it didn’t really matter in the end but maybe something to flag to other clients.
Fairlight Beach House – I’m glad we only had 1 night here as actually the weather at this point was not great but it was a great place to gather ourselves before the flight home (I would NOT have wanted to go straight from Rhino River to the airport to fly home). Lovely, super comfortable place to stay and we spent the morning watching dolphins and whales breaching less than 100m from the shore line.
My only regret is that we didn’t make it to Drakensburg Mountains (Rorkes or Fugitives Drift). If I was planning the trip again I probably would just do 2 nights (instead of 3) at Ghost Mountain and add one extra day to give another 2 nights to get to the mountains.
Thank you Lisa and I really hope that we will have the opportunity to do another 'Big Trip' at some point soon and book through you!
Josine B reviewing Value KZN Bush & Beach Safari For Families on 30 August 2022