- Stylish boutique hotel
- Plunge Pool
- Neighbourhood Location
Welgelegen is a lovely contemporary boutique hotel in the heart of the gardens neighbourhood of Cape Town. Attention to detail is everything and Welglegen hits just the right boutique notes; relaxed, stylish, but never stuffy. Along-side the inviting communal areas, there are 13 rooms in total, each with their own distinctive style.
The spacious high-ceilinged sitting room and library are a real highlight. Filled with contemporary furnishings and African art, they are the perfect place to unwind with a good book and a glass of wine. The property is built around two beautiful turn of the century houses and a central courtyard complete with plunge pool. A proper pool would have been nice, but the plunge pool is great for cooling off. Breakfast is served in the dining room, which opens onto the shaded pool terrace.
A big advantage to Welgelegen, is that you can safely and easily walk to the wide selection of neighbourhood bistros, cafes and restaurants on Kloof Street. With its location in the Gardens neighbourhood, you are also only a short drive from the Table Mountain Cable Way, the V&A Waterfront and City Centre.
The 13 stylish bedrooms each have air-conditioning/heating, pure cotton linen telephone, television, bar fridge and tea tray. There is free wi-fi available in parts of the property.
Families: Welgelegen is one of the few good boutique guesthouses in Cape Town to welcome families with children and can offer surprisingly good value for the standard of accommodation. The family room (No 7) can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children (2 room suite) and the triple room (No 3) can accommodate 2 adults and 1 child. Being within walking distance of Kloof Street is a big draw. Kloof Street has a number of very family friendly pizzerias in addition to the renowned family friendly Café Paradiso.
- Located central Cape Town
- Not many activities on-resort
- Spacious apartments
- Stylish, intimate boutique hotel
- Tranquil location close to amenities
- Lovely gardens, pool, and restaurant
- Short drive to sights and beaches
- Located in the residential suburb of Tamboerskloof
- 7 spacious contemporary rooms
- Attractive shaded garden with a patio and heated pool
- Beautifully restored Victorian gem with a friendly atmosphere
- Classic architecture, Oregon floors & white shutters
- Lovingly preserved building over 100 years old
- Nestled on the slopes of Table Mountain
- Quaint, cosy accommodation
- Boutique hotel in central location
- Fabulous views of Table Mountain
- Pool, restaurant, bar, and gym
- Wine tours, mountain treks & shops nearby
- Homely Guesthouse
- Pool and Gardens
- Neighbourhood location
- Charming guesthouse with character
- Situated in a quiet residential area
- Stunning views of Table Mountain
- 587 sleek, contemporary rooms
- Recently refurbished
- Central Cape Town, waterfront bar
- Pool, spa, gym
- Smart, stylish property
- 10 minutes from Cape Town centre
- Lovely gardens and two pools
- 394 contemporary rooms and suites
- Close to V&A waterfront
- Indoor and outdoor pools, gym and spa
- Wheelchair accessible rooms available
- Stylish self-catering apartments
- Flexible accommodation, concierge service
- Super location in chic Camps Bay
- Swimming pools, spa, tennis courts
- Camps Bay Apartments
- Good Value
- Contemporary style
- Swimming Pool
- Stunning views
- Great Facilities
- Part of Table Mountain National Park
- Incredible location in Cape Town
- Luxury hotel experience
- Amazing facilities
- Family Friendly
- Private Nature reserve
- 500 yards from the beach
- Extensive facilities
- Convenient beach access
- 4 swimming pools and spa
- Tennis and squash courts
- Gym with optional personal trainer
- Upmarket hotel in waterfront location
- Superb panoramic views
- Spacious modern rooms and suites
- Pool, spa, gym, bars, and restaurants
- Set in a trendy Cape Town suburb
- Peaceful property, contemporary feel
- Pool & bar, near shops and restaurants
- White beaches, hiking, nature trails close by
- Central location in Cape Town
- Relaxation facilities
- Children's activities
- Rooms with Ocean/Mountain views
- 252 modern studio rooms
- Trendy urban hotel
- Ideal waterfront location
- Rooftop pool, grill & bar
- Bakery & barista coffee
- Well presented stylish hotel
- Great attention to detail
- Centrally located
- Good on-site facilities
- High-end luxury hotel
- Amazing room views
- Central but secluded location
- Great service for all ages
- Conveniently located in trendy Camps Bay
- 4 Penthouses, 2 apartments, 2 houses and 3 studios
- Fully equipped kitchen, pool, concierge services
- Walk to top beaches, hip restaurants and bars
- Location central Cape Town
- Lots of activities nearby
- Family suites
- Rooms with views
- Great views of Table Mountain and the sea
- Right beside popular shopping area
- Outdoor pool, spa, fitness centre
- Complimentary shuttle service across city
- 6 chic rooms & suites
- Elevated position with stunning views
- Tranquil, urban hideaway
- Pool & Jacuzzi
Close to beach & restaurants
- Historic & Contemporary
- Lush Parkland
- Indoor & Outdoor Spa
- Banyan Tree Spa
- Elegant boutique hotel
- Tranquil setting in beautiful gardens
- 20 minutes to downtown Cape Town
- Stylish property in affluent wine suburb
- Beautifully presented gardens with pool
- 15 minutes from central Cape Town
- Gourmet dining experience
- 24 luxury rooms & suites
- Stunning estate with vineyard & mountain views
- Gourmet food & award-winning wines
- National Monument
- Golf course, pool & spa
- 400m from Cape Town Airport
- Tranquil wetland setting
- 145 room / 4* Hotel
- Eco pool & Outdoor Gym
- Set on a mountain side with lovely views
- Characterful boutique hotel near golf courses
- Wine estates, theatre & water sports nearby
- Swimming pool, gym, library, restaurant
- Isolated location on beach
- Private patios and gardens
- Exploration activities
- Relaxation facilities
Classic Garden Route holiday including our trademark Cape Town experience, Eastern Cape Safari and Coast.
Tailor-made 2 weeks
From $2,026 per person
Excellent Value Cape Town, Garden Route and Safari Self Drive Holiday using excellent value guesthouses and lodges
Tailor-made Classic 2 weeks
From $1,930 per person
The perfect first family safari combining Cape Town and the the malaria-free game reserves of the Eastern Cape.
Tailor-made Luxury 8 days
From $1,061 per person
The Garden Route for wildlife lovers. See penguins, meerkat, ostrich and the big five as you journey from Cape Town to the Eastern Cape.
Tailor-made 2 weeks
From $1,788 per person
Three nights safari in Sabi Sabi reserve in the Greater Kruger, followed by four nights in Cape Town.
Tailor-made 8 days
From $2,155 per person
Explore Cape Town, relax on the beautiful Garden Route Coast and enjoy world class safari in Sabi Sands in the Greater Kruger.
Tailor-made Luxury 12 days
From $2,797 per person
Experience Cape Town, Kruger and Victoria Falls in this spectacular once in a lifetime tailor-made itinerary.
Tailor-made Luxury 11 days
From $4,505 per person
Climb Table Mountain, explore Cape Town and enjoy a walking safari in the only wilderness concession in the Kruger National Park.
Tailor-made Classic 10 days
From $3,279 per person
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
We had a fantastic time and all the arrangements worked perfectly.
We were very impressed with the quality and service levels of all 4 locations visited and it was truly a holiday of a lifetime.
Thank you to you and to Lisa for giving us this experience.
Particular highlights for us – really the whole experience, but of particular impact:
Breathtaking scenery at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Rhino Ridge game drives incredible, thanks to guide (we had their head guide, Hala, who’s knowledge, enthusiasm, kindness, interaction, ability to spot wildlife was out of this world)
Luxury of Rhino Ridge (shower, food, views, service)
Immersion in nature, torch lit meal on last night and beach trip at Kosi Forest Lodge
Level of service, quality of food throughout
Catherine F reviewing South Africa Safari, Beach and Wetlands on 04 September 2019
We had a fantastic time. Thank you and it went smoothly in the main except for British Airways!
The trip had the right degree of luxury and relaxation (for me) and adventure (all of us).
A few points:
Driving directions to Umlunghi Lodge were slightly wrong. The driving directions should read at the 4th roundabout take the first exit and turn right over the railway. We loved it there. Anton, Bianca and her son and Harriet were very informative and entertaining. The snake talk and handling, night walks and seeing scorpions and the walk in the bush and "bumping" into a giraffe were really special. The kayak trip to Makuzi pan that the lodge organised was good and Tomaz was very informative and kept a respectful distance from the hippos.3 nights was plenty.
Rhino River Lodge game reserve was incredibly luxurious and we felt very looked after. The lion siting in camp the day we arrived sent an extra frisson of excitement down our spines. It was easy to forget there were predators that could attack us with all that luxury. The staff and guides (Karl) were knowledgeable and invested in their set up. We saw rhinos with baby, cheetahs with young, porcupine, Genet, wildebeast, Impala, Lion with young, buffalo, a puff adder, ostrich, zebra and giraffes. 4 nights was also plenty.
They all served great food but I felt Ghost Mountain Inn topped the lot. The variety was amazing. We arrived at 10.30 but could not get into our room until 2 ish. The service was not so personal I guess because it is larger (far more than 50 rooms). We had been a bit spoilt at Rhino River! My daughter and I had some treatments at the Spa and loved it. We also went on a large boat trip on Jonzi and had a closer encounter with a large bull hippo and also a hike up Ghost Mountain with Patrick who was very informative and passionate about his people and his country. Isaac the other guide there took us on the boat trip and pointed out the sugar cane harvest on the way. he was very informative also.
Lastly, Lalaria Lodge was fabulous and we all piled into the surf of the Indian Ocean. There was hardly anyone on the beach. It was "too cold" according to the landlady. The view from her terrace was of the ocean and whales breaching in the distance. I could have sat there all day. She very kindly provided us with a Scrabble board of her own for us to play. We took a Microlight ride from Ballito over the coastline in the hope of seeing whales and dolphins but no luck. If we had stayed longer we might have gone on a boat trip from Durban. We had a meal at a restaurant called Mozambique which was great fun with vast portions, plenty of carbs and fresh seafood!
The value of the Rand to the Pound was excellent and therefore we felt that we got excellent value which also played a large part!
Katrina P reviewing Value KZN Bush & Beach Safari For Families on 02 September 2019