The Maldives and Families aren't two words you often hear strung together in the same sentence. After all, children and honeymooners don't mix too well. However, there are now some excellent family friendly resorts, with features such as two-bedroom over-water villas, kids clubs and even over-water villas with slides.
In our opinion the Maldives is best for older families with kids aged between 6-12 and teenagers. Younger children can be accommodated, we feel they'd be better off somewhere with more space to run around such as Mauritius. For older kids, there is superb snorkelling available from the beach, in addition to Stand Up Paddle Boarding and Windsurfing. The Maldives also combine perfectly with a family adventure in Sri Lanka
Our holidays are rated 5.0 out of 5 stars
We loved the personal, friendly and expert service that we received.
K Limb. See more reviews
We know every family is unique. Your dedicated travel consultant will develop a bespoke trip just for you.
Tailor-made doesn't have to be expensive. We work hard to be on brief and below budget.
We have years of experience creating family holidays. We take away all the stress to create the perfect family holiday.
- Top notch all-inclusive resort, superb value
- Resort renowned for excellent diving
- Gym, infinity pool, over-water spa
- Fishing, cruises, village visits, water sports
- Sophisticated, top-notch all-inclusive resort
- Stand-alone villas with good level of privacy
- One of the largest resorts in the Maldives
- Sunset fishing, snorkelling, diving, spa
- Relatively small resort with 'select' feel
- All villas boast private plunge pool
- Fishing, sunset cruises, gym, spa
- Beach sports, tennis, water sports
- Maldives' newest 5* plus resort
- Self catering an option, superb kids facilities
- Snorkelling, diving, tennis, volleyball, football
- Catamaran sailing, parasailing, jet skis
- Large island
- Variety of facilities available
- Padi dive centre
- Larger Private island resort
- Excellent value
- Excellent house reef
- Family friendly
- Highly contemporary eco-friendly resort
- Great value for a luxurious property
- Private, open-air bathtubs in all villas
- Wakeboarding, diving, ping pong, bike hire