- Sophisticated, top-notch all-inclusive resort
- Stand-alone villas with good level of privacy
- One of the largest resorts in the Maldives
- Sunset fishing, snorkelling, diving, spa
Atmosphere Kanifushi is a peaceful and charming all-inclusive island resort offering premium accommodation in a fabulous location. It’s one of the largest island resorts in all of the Maldives, stretching for over two kilometres, and it’s a particularly attractive option for anyone seeking relaxation combined with privacy. It’s a 30-minute seaplane ride from Male International Airport to the resort, and guests are particularly well looked after during their stay in this top-notch retreat.
There are 132 suites and stand-alone villas spaced out across the island - each villa boasts a few metres of vegetation on either side so that their occupants can enjoy plenty of privacy. All of the villas are decorated in a contemporary style, with some traditional Maldivian touches here and there lending them an authentic, homely feel. All rooms have direct access to the island’s pristine beach, not to mention picturesque ocean views. Some of the amenities common to all accommodation types include private outdoor space, a ceiling fan, complimentary toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities and a 32” flat-screen TV with DVD player.
There’s a good mix of fine dining experiences and light meals on offer throughout the day. ‘Sunset’ is an a la carte restaurant offering a fusion of Mediterranean and Asian cuisines, as well as captivating views of the setting sun. At numerous locations throughout the resort, guests can enjoy unlimited premium drinks, cocktails and mocktails, as well as a number of top brands of alcoholic drinks. There’s a huge range of cultural and adventure excursions to enjoy from sunset fishing experiences, to snorkelling, scuba diving, indulgent treatments in the lovely spa and more.
Children are very welcome to stay at Atmosphere Kanifushi and they are certainly well provided for. There’s a kids club that has a range of age-appropriate activities every day of the week and a babysitting service is available on request. Those holidaying with children should consider booking the Sunset Family Villas - these offer plenty of room for everyone and are located a short distance from the resort’s main amenities. Parents are reminded to keep their children under adult supervision at all times.
- Large island resort with golf course
- Luxury sailing, diving, snorkelling
- Tennis, football, badminton, volleyball, gym
- Wine cellar, spa, night life, shopping
- Maldives' newest 5* plus resort
- Self catering an option, superb kids facilities
- Snorkelling, diving, tennis, volleyball, football
- Catamaran sailing, parasailing, jet skis
- Private villas, many with pools
- Great choice for large groups
- Tennis, gym, jogging track, water sports
- Open air cinema, observatory with telescope
- Large island
- Variety of facilities available
- Padi dive centre
- Larger Private island resort
- Excellent value
- Excellent house reef
- Family friendly
- Well established resort with traditional feel
- Parasailing, night time snorkelling, diving
- Kayaking, wakeboarding, glass bottom boat
- Art classes, horticulture walks, yoga
- Relatively small resort with 'select' feel
- All villas boast private plunge pool
- Fishing, sunset cruises, gym, spa
- Beach sports, tennis, water sports
- Short speedboat transfer from Male airport
- Lovely swimmable lagoon, characterful feel
- Waterskiing, windsurfing, surfing, diving
- Snorkelling, visits to nearby islands
- Contemporary resort, superb facilities
- Infinity pool, fitness centre, billiards table, spa
- Fishing, island hopping, underwater hockey
- Aqua Life Discovery Centre with aquarium
- Large but characterful high-end resort
- Diving, water-skiing, kayaking, windsurfing
- Great food, private destination dining options
- Spa with hydrotherapy pool, infinity pool
- Top notch all-inclusive resort, superb value
- Resort renowned for excellent diving
- Gym, infinity pool, over-water spa
- Fishing, cruises, village visits, water sports
- Every villa or suite has a private pool
- Stand-up paddling, windsurfing, kayaking
- 3 swimming pools, spa, 24/7 fitness centre
- Day trips to nearby deserted islands
- High end facilities and amenities
- All rooms boast private outdoor space
- Water sports including diving & snorkelling
- Sunset cruises, visits to local fishing villages
- Large yet peaceful island resort
- Huge dining choice, gym, spa, tennis, yoga
- Adrenaline water sports e.g. hover boarding
- Snorkelling, diving, kite surfing, jet skis
Hello Lisa. We came back from our trip two weeks ago now so I am sending this email much later than I wanted to. Nevertheless, what I wanted to say was thank you very much for helping us organise an amazing trip. Our days in Mafia Island to celebrate my 50th birthday were exactly what I wanted them to be: a fantastic time with the family doing activities that we all love and enjoy in a relaxing, unusual, beautiful place full of sun, surrounded by water, wildlife and friendly people. We swam with whale sharks, did a lot of snorkeling, had two picnics on a beautiful sand bank, watched the sunset over the sea, did a bird watching excursion and tried scuba diving.
All merit to you because Pole Pole in Mafia Island was your recommendation. I never heard of Mafia Island before and didn't consider Tanzania to start with. It was an amazing place to stay: friendly, relaxed, beautiful, comfortable, with great food and fantastic service. Thanks not only for finding the place but also for your patience as we prepared the trip and I explored options and decided what I wanted. All went incredibly well (places, transfers, flights) and we had a very memorable time together that we will all remember forever - as we still do the safari trip to South Africa you organised for us 5 years ago.
I cannot wait to plan another trip! I am already thinking about where and when. Hopefully no pandemic will get in the way this time. And I will come to you as my favourite travel agent.
I copy in this message the Tourdust office because I want them to know how good you are and how much I appreciated the different trips you organised for us (including the trip to India for my parents that was cancelled due to Covid). I cannot thank you enough :o)
Kind regards, Carol
Carolina O reviewing Relaxed Bush & Beach Family Holiday in Tanzania on 25 November 2022
It was a fantastic experience, thanks very much. All the arrangements were seamless and our guiding/support team were excellent, if there is a way for you to formally commend the team to your ground operators then I would be grateful if you could do that, they really were brilliant.
Many thanks for your help in arranging the trip, and for your patience during the multiple re-arrangements over the past couple of years.
Kind regards, John
John B reviewing Mount Kenya Sirimon Naro Moru Trek on 14 November 2022
Can't praise tour dust enough, they helped us to create a holiday of a lifetime that has given us family memories we will treasure forever. From start to finish the whole experience was exactly what we wanted and more. Due to covid we waited 2 and a half years for this trip but worth the wait.
Carly R reviewing Value KwaZulu-Natal Safari and Mauritius on 07 November 2022