- Relatively small resort with 'select' feel
- All villas boast private plunge pool
- Fishing, sunset cruises, gym, spa
- Beach sports, tennis, water sports
Constance Halaveli is a decidedly peaceful and serene all-inclusive island getaway located in the Maldives’ North Ari atoll. With its picturesque Indian Ocean views, high quality of accommodation and plethora of activities it makes for a very appealing choice. This dreamy island resort is fairly easy to reach, either via a 25 minute seaplane ride or a 90 minute speedboat journey across crystal-clear waters.
The accommodation comprises a selection of 86 villas. Some of these are set on the main island and offer picturesque views of either the ocean and beach, or the resort’s garden pool; others are located over the ocean water itself. All villas come with air conditioning and are designed to offer both comfort and space. They come with a range of convenient amenities, such as tea and coffee making facilities, a 42-inch LCD TV with satellite channels and a minibar. Some villas have private, open-air showers, while others have indoor ones. Common to all villas are a private plunge pool and a balcony or terrace. There are several accommodation choices available, ranging from Water Villas and Family Beach Villas, to the Presidential Beach Villa, the resort’s largest and most expensive option.
Dining opportunities are plentiful and diverse. There are four restaurants at the resort, along with two bars, all of which offer outdoor seating. Jahaz Restaurant is the resort’s main eatery and is open for three meals a day, offering an international menu and themed evening buffets. Asian-European fusion cuisine is served at Jing Restaurant, while the Meeru Beach Grill offers grilled classics with a pleasant beachside setting. Finally there’s Kaika Sushi Bar, which offers a range of sushi delicacies for lunch. Both the Jahaz and Jing restaurants have their own bar offering a broad range of refreshing drinks.
There are lots of facilities across the island for both indoor and outdoor activities. There’s a fully equipped gym with state-of-the-art equipment, along with a spa offering treatments complete with ocean views. Those looking to stay active while on the island can participate in more energetic activities such as tennis, beach sports and water sports; for those who prefer to take things easy, there’s a variety of relaxing excursions available, including sunset cruises, fishing trips and romantic cruises for two.
Constance Kids Club is aimed at providing those aged 4-11 with a place where they can enjoy age-appropriate activities and entertainment. While here, they can take part in island exploration quests, arts and crafts sessions, cooking lessons, scavenger hunts and many more fun things to do. A babysitting service is available, though it costs extra and has to be booked in advance as the resort has a limited number of babysitters available. Parents are reminded to keep their children under close adult supervision at all times.
- Top notch all-inclusive resort, superb value
- Resort renowned for excellent diving
- Gym, infinity pool, over-water spa
- Fishing, cruises, village visits, water sports
- High end facilities and amenities
- All rooms boast private outdoor space
- Water sports including diving & snorkelling
- Sunset cruises, visits to local fishing villages
- Large yet peaceful island resort
- Huge dining choice, gym, spa, tennis, yoga
- Adrenaline water sports e.g. hover boarding
- Snorkelling, diving, kite surfing, jet skis
- Large but characterful high-end resort
- Diving, water-skiing, kayaking, windsurfing
- Great food, private destination dining options
- Spa with hydrotherapy pool, infinity pool
- Contemporary resort, superb facilities
- Infinity pool, fitness centre, billiards table, spa
- Fishing, island hopping, underwater hockey
- Aqua Life Discovery Centre with aquarium
- Short speedboat transfer from Male airport
- Lovely swimmable lagoon, characterful feel
- Waterskiing, windsurfing, surfing, diving
- Snorkelling, visits to nearby islands
- Private island resort with excellent reputation
- Prestigious diving centre, snorkelling, fishing
- Dolphin and whale shark spotting
- Numerous on-site bar and dining options
- Well established resort with traditional feel
- Parasailing, night time snorkelling, diving
- Kayaking, wakeboarding, glass bottom boat
- Art classes, horticulture walks, yoga
- Private villas, many with pools
- Great choice for large groups
- Tennis, gym, jogging track, water sports
- Open air cinema, observatory with telescope
- Maldives' newest 5* plus resort
- Self catering an option, superb kids facilities
- Snorkelling, diving, tennis, volleyball, football
- Catamaran sailing, parasailing, jet skis
- Sophisticated, top-notch all-inclusive resort
- Stand-alone villas with good level of privacy
- One of the largest resorts in the Maldives
- Sunset fishing, snorkelling, diving, spa
- Large island resort with golf course
- Luxury sailing, diving, snorkelling
- Tennis, football, badminton, volleyball, gym
- Wine cellar, spa, night life, shopping
- Highly contemporary eco-friendly resort
- Great value for a luxurious property
- Private, open-air bathtubs in all villas
- Wakeboarding, diving, ping pong, bike hire
It was FANTASTIC! Beautifully organised, everything worked like clockwork. We agreed that we had the best support team ever (and we have experience) - all delightful, very professional and nothing was too much bother.
It clearly couldn't have been a better route, such a wonderful mix of landscapes. And plenty of acclimatisation time. Nonetheless, I was glad of my summit oxygen.
Kit excellent. Double good mattresses made for most comfortable trek camping ever. Tents v good. Mess tent pretty windproof, which was vital for enjoyment. Best camp loo ever!
My favourite day was Shira Cathedral. Amazing.
William M reviewing Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route on 15 April 2020
The safari trip was excellent! The stay, the food and the people were all very nice. We were happy to have Ryan and Stanley as our game drive guides they brought us up close to the animals and Ryan gave very good information throughout.
Would definitely recommend to friends who are interested in safaris :)
Also, thanks much for your help, particularly keeping the room for my Brother and his wife they’ve enjoyed the safari very much too!
Woan Chyi L reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 16 October 2019
Driver-guide: Very punctual, except for pick up for airport when he was delayed by >30 mins due to road closures. Vehicle very clean and well maintained- plenty of water and supplies of clothing for religious sites, tissues, postcards etc. Very good at understanding what level of conversation we wanted. Happy to stop for paracetamol, supermarket etc. Took us to signal box at railway since we were early (which was very interesting)
The Walawwa: Lovely place to arrive at and get a bit of rest. Great pool, lovely rooms and food etc. Peaceful oasis so close to town.
Wilpattu Camp: Wonderful food- really enjoyed trying lots of new things in excellent surroundings.Felt like the place had not been visited much recently (which I don’t think it had due to the terrorist attacks) so our safari guide had been brought up from another park and did not know the park too well- it worked out well though and we saw all the animals we hoped to see so no complaints on that front. We did feel that we should have been told about extra things we could have done- when we commented on the great food on final day we were told that they could have done a cookery demo for us, but it was too late at that point. It worked well for us but clients should probably know that they are likely to have multiple wildlife in their tents (eg frogs)- didn’t bother us at all, but others it might do. We were given a questionnaire to fill in at the end whilst all the staff were standing around, which wasn’t ideal as you felt a bit of pressure! Felt really well looked after here!
Water Gardens Sigiriya: Beautiful suites with plunge pools- quiet and peaceful with lovely big swimming pool. Food good
Jungle Beach: Beautiful location on beach. Rooms good. Food a bit limited I would have liked a bit more variety ideally.
Camellia House: Lovely location- beautiful views. Food OK but service below average- our food orders were wrong a couple of times and even pre-ordered food was delayed. Tea factory tour was only an hour and that was the main reason to be here. It was interesting but quite brief seeing it was the main attraction according to our itinerary. Also, we were taken there in a minibus which didn’t have seatbelts on all seats and was quite smelly- not up to the standard of the usual transportation. Rooms were described as having panoramic views- one did have amazing views but the other one definitely didn’t.
Galle Face: Lovely old hotel- but it did have some problems (leaking ceiling and ‘smuts’ coming out of air conditioning.) Weather very bad (spectacular storms). It was a shame the street food tour couldn’t take place but totally understandable given the weather, however we enjoyed our dinner here and free drinks/canopes!). Good choice at breakfast.
Pippa R reviewing Sri Lanka Highlights - Classic on 30 September 2019