- Well established resort with traditional feel
- Parasailing, night time snorkelling, diving
- Kayaking, wakeboarding, glass bottom boat
- Art classes, horticulture walks, yoga
Start planning your tailor-made trip by calling one of our specialists on 855 686 7694Enquire
Situated on the idyllic island of Vihamanaafushi not too far from the capital of Male is Kurumba. This tropical island resort puts just as much emphasis on activities as it does on relaxation. It’s both lively and laidback, so guests are free to enjoy their time here in whichever way they prefer. After flying into Male International Airport, guests reach the resort by a 10-minute speedboat transfer. Kurumba holds the distinction of being the Maldives’ very first private island resort.
There’s a choice of eight different accommodation grades ranging from the comfortable Superior Rooms to the expansive Royal Kurumba Residence. All of the resort’s rooms, bungalows and villas are handsomely furnished and very well presented, their décor combining a contemporary and traditional feel. Amenities common to all grades of accommodation include air conditioning and fans, a flat-screen TV with DVD player, complimentary toiletries, facilities for making tea, coffee and hot chocolate and a minibar. All guests receive slippers, bags and towels for use on the beach.
There’s a great deal to see, do and experience both on the island itself and further afield. For dining, there are a total of eight restaurants that serve an array of dishes from around the world. Try Middle Eastern delights at Al Qasr and traditional Indian classics at Mahal, or casual international food at Cafe and high-end Italian favourites at the adults-only Isola. There are several meal plans to choose from, including an all-inclusive option. Throughout the island are four bars; the Kandu Bar offers live entertainment, while the two Athiri Bars on opposite ends of the island are ideal locations for viewing the sunset.
Water sports such as wakeboarding, parasailing, kayaking and jet skiing are on offer in the island’s crystal clear waters, along with diving with a PADI certified instructor to discover a vibrant underwater world. Back on dry land, guests can enjoy a range of traditional treatments at the Veli Spa and take part in activities as varied as horticulture walks, yoga sessions, painting classes and cocktail mixing demonstrations. The resort offers a broad range of exciting excursions such as sunset cruises, guided tours of Male, night-time snorkelling trips and rides around the island in a glass-bottom boat.
Families will be pleased to know that children are welcome at Kurumba and can stay in all eight grades of accommodation. There’s plenty for children to do at the resort: there’s a cinema room and Playstation area, as well as games area and a splash pad. During the day, a wide range of age-appropriate activities are offered at the Majaa Kids’ Club. Note that parents should keep their children under adult supervision at all times.
- Larger Private island resort
- Excellent value
- Excellent house reef
- Family friendly
- Short speedboat transfer from Male airport
- Lovely swimmable lagoon, characterful feel
- Waterskiing, windsurfing, surfing, diving
- Snorkelling, visits to nearby islands
- Contemporary resort, superb facilities
- Infinity pool, fitness centre, billiards table, spa
- Fishing, island hopping, underwater hockey
- Aqua Life Discovery Centre with aquarium
- Large but characterful high-end resort
- Diving, water-skiing, kayaking, windsurfing
- Great food, private destination dining options
- Spa with hydrotherapy pool, infinity pool
- Relatively small resort with 'select' feel
- All villas boast private plunge pool
- Fishing, sunset cruises, gym, spa
- Beach sports, tennis, water sports
- High end facilities and amenities
- All rooms boast private outdoor space
- Water sports including diving & snorkelling
- Sunset cruises, visits to local fishing villages
- Top notch all-inclusive resort, superb value
- Resort renowned for excellent diving
- Gym, infinity pool, over-water spa
- Fishing, cruises, village visits, water sports
- Large yet peaceful island resort
- Huge dining choice, gym, spa, tennis, yoga
- Adrenaline water sports e.g. hover boarding
- Snorkelling, diving, kite surfing, jet skis
- Private villas, many with pools
- Great choice for large groups
- Tennis, gym, jogging track, water sports
- Open air cinema, observatory with telescope
- Maldives' newest 5* plus resort
- Self catering an option, superb kids facilities
- Snorkelling, diving, tennis, volleyball, football
- Catamaran sailing, parasailing, jet skis
- Sophisticated, top-notch all-inclusive resort
- Stand-alone villas with good level of privacy
- One of the largest resorts in the Maldives
- Sunset fishing, snorkelling, diving, spa
- Large island resort with golf course
- Luxury sailing, diving, snorkelling
- Tennis, football, badminton, volleyball, gym
- Wine cellar, spa, night life, shopping
- Large island
- Variety of facilities available
- Padi dive centre
- Highly contemporary eco-friendly resort
- Great value for a luxurious property
- Private, open-air bathtubs in all villas
- Wakeboarding, diving, ping pong, bike hire
Yes everything went incredibly smoothly , excellent guide and set up u have . I might need a new pair of calves though !!! Thanks for sorting ALL the changes out. Regards Charlie
charles b reviewing 6 Day Toubkal Circuit on 03 May 2023
Hi Lisa, We had a fabulous time thank you. The accommodation and other ideation were all terrific - that’s so much for your help. The apartment in Cape Town was particularly good - we would never have found that: Boschendal was great as well and game lodge was superb. Thanks again, Alistair
Alistair A reviewing Cape Town, Garden Route and Kruger on 28 April 2023
Well, we are back and still buzzing. We have had a marvellous time. The weather helped. We left Manchester in the snow and arrived in Marrakesh at 30 degrees. We were well looked after in the Riad. I'm glad we booked a meal for the first evening - ate it on the roof terrace. We can recommend that. It was delicious. We ate at the Foundouk, as per your recommendation and on the following night we ate at Le Jardin - got lost on the way to it!. We can really recommend Le Jardin.
The following day we went to Majorelle gardens. Fortunately we had looked it up before we travelled because you have to book in advance online only from Jan 2023. We found our own way to the Medera Ben Yousef and Latifa took us to Bahia Palace - both were stunning.
The following morning our lovely taxi driver Mohammond collected us to go to the EcoLodge. Yet another Mohammond made us very welcome. Again we ate well! You were right, the pool was freezing, but I can't sit next to water and not get in. Once you're in you forget how cold it is! I wasn't the only person to try the pool.
Rashid, our guide for our walk collected us. He was brilliant. It was hard work, but worth it. I was determined I would make it. Kevin is fitter than me! The Berber family were lovely. We stopped when we were nearly there to see how rag rugs were made. When we got back Rashid and Mohammond confessed that Mohammond had said to Rashid that he should get us to a road if we got too tired and they would send a taxi (or a mule!) to collect us - or me, but Rashid was sure that I'd be OK. He was right. I think they wondered about these 2 70+ year olds. We can't praise Rashid enough. He had walked over from Imlil in the morning and was going to walk back after he left us.
Thank you so much for putting our holiday together. We never thought it would be 3 years before we went. We are so glad we persevered. We did wonder what we had let ourselves in for as 2 oldies!
Fiona and Kevin
Fiona B reviewing Boutique Marrakech & Atlas Mountains on 21 April 2023