- Contemporary resort, superb facilities
- Infinity pool, fitness centre, billiards table, spa
- Fishing, island hopping, underwater hockey
- Aqua Life Discovery Centre with aquarium
Start planning your tailor-made trip by calling one of our specialists on 855 686 7694Enquire
A decidedly contemporary and stylish holiday resort overlooking a stunning lagoon, the Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma is a top choice both for relaxing getaways and high-octane water sports. Located on the island of Kandooma Fushi in the South Male Atoll of the Maldives, it takes just 40 minutes to reach both the Velana International Airport and the capital city Male by speedboat. Known for its modern design and superb facilities, the resort is ideal for those who want idyllic surroundings without having to compromise on creature comforts.
There are a total of 160 villas at the resort, all of which feature a pleasant nautical theme with white-washed timber and bright splashes of turquoise. The beach and garden villas have floor-to-ceiling windows offering views of the beach and gardens, respectively. The two-story ‘beach houses’ offer more space, and the ‘family beach houses’ provide generous accommodation for families and larger groups. For something a bit different, the ‘overwater villa’ and the larger ‘overwater pavilion’ are both set over the crystal-clear sea waters and offer a private sun deck and even a partially submerged hammock. All accommodation options offer a range of convenient amenities such as complimentary toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities, a flat-screen TV and complimentary bottled water.
There’s a large infinity pool overlooking the lagoon, a well-equipped fitness centre and a superb activity lounge which houses a billiards table, several Mac computers and a selection of magazines and books. There’s also a huge variety of sporting pursuits on offer from table tennis, football, volleyball and surfing, to underwater hockey. The Aqua Life Discovery Centre is certainly worth a visit as it educates guests about local marine life and has an aquarium full of exotic species. For quiet time, there's the on-site spa, which offers a range of massages and pampering treatments all in a beautiful natural setting, plus there are plenty of excursions to choose from including trips to Male, night fishing cruises and island hopping.
Dining options at the resort are plentiful, with several restaurants serving an array of international and local cuisine, as well as appetising light snacks throughout the day. There are also a few bars serving up refreshing drinks to enjoy alongside evening entertainment.
The resort is very child friendly, with a babysitting service available on request and a kids club for those over the age of four. There’s a varied program of events and activities so that younger family members have plenty to keep them occupied. The kids club has a good selection of games and toys, and some of the activities include snorkelling tuition and face painting. Parents are reminded that children must remain under adult supervision at all times.
- Large but characterful high-end resort
- Diving, water-skiing, kayaking, windsurfing
- Great food, private destination dining options
- Spa with hydrotherapy pool, infinity pool
- Short speedboat transfer from Male airport
- Lovely swimmable lagoon, characterful feel
- Waterskiing, windsurfing, surfing, diving
- Snorkelling, visits to nearby islands
- Well established resort with traditional feel
- Parasailing, night time snorkelling, diving
- Kayaking, wakeboarding, glass bottom boat
- Art classes, horticulture walks, yoga
- Larger Private island resort
- Excellent value
- Excellent house reef
- Family friendly
- Relatively small resort with 'select' feel
- All villas boast private plunge pool
- Fishing, sunset cruises, gym, spa
- Beach sports, tennis, water sports
- High end facilities and amenities
- All rooms boast private outdoor space
- Water sports including diving & snorkelling
- Sunset cruises, visits to local fishing villages
- Large yet peaceful island resort
- Huge dining choice, gym, spa, tennis, yoga
- Adrenaline water sports e.g. hover boarding
- Snorkelling, diving, kite surfing, jet skis
- Top notch all-inclusive resort, superb value
- Resort renowned for excellent diving
- Gym, infinity pool, over-water spa
- Fishing, cruises, village visits, water sports
- Private villas, many with pools
- Great choice for large groups
- Tennis, gym, jogging track, water sports
- Open air cinema, observatory with telescope
- Maldives' newest 5* plus resort
- Self catering an option, superb kids facilities
- Snorkelling, diving, tennis, volleyball, football
- Catamaran sailing, parasailing, jet skis
- Sophisticated, top-notch all-inclusive resort
- Stand-alone villas with good level of privacy
- One of the largest resorts in the Maldives
- Sunset fishing, snorkelling, diving, spa
- Large island resort with golf course
- Luxury sailing, diving, snorkelling
- Tennis, football, badminton, volleyball, gym
- Wine cellar, spa, night life, shopping
- Large island
- Variety of facilities available
- Padi dive centre
- Highly contemporary eco-friendly resort
- Great value for a luxurious property
- Private, open-air bathtubs in all villas
- Wakeboarding, diving, ping pong, bike hire
Yes everything went incredibly smoothly , excellent guide and set up u have . I might need a new pair of calves though !!! Thanks for sorting ALL the changes out. Regards Charlie
charles b reviewing 6 Day Toubkal Circuit on 03 May 2023
Hi Lisa, We had a fabulous time thank you. The accommodation and other ideation were all terrific - that’s so much for your help. The apartment in Cape Town was particularly good - we would never have found that: Boschendal was great as well and game lodge was superb. Thanks again, Alistair
Alistair A reviewing Cape Town, Garden Route and Kruger on 28 April 2023
Well, we are back and still buzzing. We have had a marvellous time. The weather helped. We left Manchester in the snow and arrived in Marrakesh at 30 degrees. We were well looked after in the Riad. I'm glad we booked a meal for the first evening - ate it on the roof terrace. We can recommend that. It was delicious. We ate at the Foundouk, as per your recommendation and on the following night we ate at Le Jardin - got lost on the way to it!. We can really recommend Le Jardin.
The following day we went to Majorelle gardens. Fortunately we had looked it up before we travelled because you have to book in advance online only from Jan 2023. We found our own way to the Medera Ben Yousef and Latifa took us to Bahia Palace - both were stunning.
The following morning our lovely taxi driver Mohammond collected us to go to the EcoLodge. Yet another Mohammond made us very welcome. Again we ate well! You were right, the pool was freezing, but I can't sit next to water and not get in. Once you're in you forget how cold it is! I wasn't the only person to try the pool.
Rashid, our guide for our walk collected us. He was brilliant. It was hard work, but worth it. I was determined I would make it. Kevin is fitter than me! The Berber family were lovely. We stopped when we were nearly there to see how rag rugs were made. When we got back Rashid and Mohammond confessed that Mohammond had said to Rashid that he should get us to a road if we got too tired and they would send a taxi (or a mule!) to collect us - or me, but Rashid was sure that I'd be OK. He was right. I think they wondered about these 2 70+ year olds. We can't praise Rashid enough. He had walked over from Imlil in the morning and was going to walk back after he left us.
Thank you so much for putting our holiday together. We never thought it would be 3 years before we went. We are so glad we persevered. We did wonder what we had let ourselves in for as 2 oldies!
Fiona and Kevin
Fiona B reviewing Boutique Marrakech & Atlas Mountains on 21 April 2023