- Contemporary resort, superb facilities
- Infinity pool, fitness centre, billiards table, spa
- Fishing, island hopping, underwater hockey
- Aqua Life Discovery Centre with aquarium
A decidedly contemporary and stylish holiday resort overlooking a stunning lagoon, the Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma is a top choice both for relaxing getaways and high-octane water sports. Located on the island of Kandooma Fushi in the South Male Atoll of the Maldives, it takes just 40 minutes to reach both the Velana International Airport and the capital city Male by speedboat. Known for its modern design and superb facilities, the resort is ideal for those who want idyllic surroundings without having to compromise on creature comforts.
There are a total of 160 villas at the resort, all of which feature a pleasant nautical theme with white-washed timber and bright splashes of turquoise. The beach and garden villas have floor-to-ceiling windows offering views of the beach and gardens, respectively. The two-story ‘beach houses’ offer more space, and the ‘family beach houses’ provide generous accommodation for families and larger groups. For something a bit different, the ‘overwater villa’ and the larger ‘overwater pavilion’ are both set over the crystal-clear sea waters and offer a private sun deck and even a partially submerged hammock. All accommodation options offer a range of convenient amenities such as complimentary toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities, a flat-screen TV and complimentary bottled water.
There’s a large infinity pool overlooking the lagoon, a well-equipped fitness centre and a superb activity lounge which houses a billiards table, several Mac computers and a selection of magazines and books. There’s also a huge variety of sporting pursuits on offer from table tennis, football, volleyball and surfing, to underwater hockey. The Aqua Life Discovery Centre is certainly worth a visit as it educates guests about local marine life and has an aquarium full of exotic species. For quiet time, there's the on-site spa, which offers a range of massages and pampering treatments all in a beautiful natural setting, plus there are plenty of excursions to choose from including trips to Male, night fishing cruises and island hopping.
Dining options at the resort are plentiful, with several restaurants serving an array of international and local cuisine, as well as appetising light snacks throughout the day. There are also a few bars serving up refreshing drinks to enjoy alongside evening entertainment.
The resort is very child friendly, with a babysitting service available on request and a kids club for those over the age of four. There’s a varied program of events and activities so that younger family members have plenty to keep them occupied. The kids club has a good selection of games and toys, and some of the activities include snorkelling tuition and face painting. Parents are reminded that children must remain under adult supervision at all times.
- Large but characterful high-end resort
- Diving, water-skiing, kayaking, windsurfing
- Great food, private destination dining options
- Spa with hydrotherapy pool, infinity pool
- Short speedboat transfer from Male airport
- Lovely swimmable lagoon, characterful feel
- Waterskiing, windsurfing, surfing, diving
- Snorkelling, visits to nearby islands
- Well established resort with traditional feel
- Parasailing, night time snorkelling, diving
- Kayaking, wakeboarding, glass bottom boat
- Art classes, horticulture walks, yoga
- Private island resort with excellent reputation
- Prestigious diving centre, snorkelling, fishing
- Dolphin and whale shark spotting
- Numerous on-site bar and dining options
- Relatively small resort with 'select' feel
- All villas boast private plunge pool
- Fishing, sunset cruises, gym, spa
- Beach sports, tennis, water sports
- High end facilities and amenities
- All rooms boast private outdoor space
- Water sports including diving & snorkelling
- Sunset cruises, visits to local fishing villages
- Large yet peaceful island resort
- Huge dining choice, gym, spa, tennis, yoga
- Adrenaline water sports e.g. hover boarding
- Snorkelling, diving, kite surfing, jet skis
- Top notch all-inclusive resort, superb value
- Resort renowned for excellent diving
- Gym, infinity pool, over-water spa
- Fishing, cruises, village visits, water sports
- Private villas, many with pools
- Great choice for large groups
- Tennis, gym, jogging track, water sports
- Open air cinema, observatory with telescope
- Maldives' newest 5* plus resort
- Self catering an option, superb kids facilities
- Snorkelling, diving, tennis, volleyball, football
- Catamaran sailing, parasailing, jet skis
- Sophisticated, top-notch all-inclusive resort
- Stand-alone villas with good level of privacy
- One of the largest resorts in the Maldives
- Sunset fishing, snorkelling, diving, spa
- Large island resort with golf course
- Luxury sailing, diving, snorkelling
- Tennis, football, badminton, volleyball, gym
- Wine cellar, spa, night life, shopping
- Large island
- Variety of facilities available
- Padi dive centre
- Highly contemporary eco-friendly resort
- Great value for a luxurious property
- Private, open-air bathtubs in all villas
- Wakeboarding, diving, ping pong, bike hire
Hello Lisa. We came back from our trip two weeks ago now so I am sending this email much later than I wanted to. Nevertheless, what I wanted to say was thank you very much for helping us organise an amazing trip. Our days in Mafia Island to celebrate my 50th birthday were exactly what I wanted them to be: a fantastic time with the family doing activities that we all love and enjoy in a relaxing, unusual, beautiful place full of sun, surrounded by water, wildlife and friendly people. We swam with whale sharks, did a lot of snorkeling, had two picnics on a beautiful sand bank, watched the sunset over the sea, did a bird watching excursion and tried scuba diving.
All merit to you because Pole Pole in Mafia Island was your recommendation. I never heard of Mafia Island before and didn't consider Tanzania to start with. It was an amazing place to stay: friendly, relaxed, beautiful, comfortable, with great food and fantastic service. Thanks not only for finding the place but also for your patience as we prepared the trip and I explored options and decided what I wanted. All went incredibly well (places, transfers, flights) and we had a very memorable time together that we will all remember forever - as we still do the safari trip to South Africa you organised for us 5 years ago.
I cannot wait to plan another trip! I am already thinking about where and when. Hopefully no pandemic will get in the way this time. And I will come to you as my favourite travel agent.
I copy in this message the Tourdust office because I want them to know how good you are and how much I appreciated the different trips you organised for us (including the trip to India for my parents that was cancelled due to Covid). I cannot thank you enough :o)
Kind regards, Carol
Carolina O reviewing Relaxed Bush & Beach Family Holiday in Tanzania on 25 November 2022
It was a fantastic experience, thanks very much. All the arrangements were seamless and our guiding/support team were excellent, if there is a way for you to formally commend the team to your ground operators then I would be grateful if you could do that, they really were brilliant.
Many thanks for your help in arranging the trip, and for your patience during the multiple re-arrangements over the past couple of years.
Kind regards, John
John B reviewing Mount Kenya Sirimon Naro Moru Trek on 14 November 2022
Can't praise tour dust enough, they helped us to create a holiday of a lifetime that has given us family memories we will treasure forever. From start to finish the whole experience was exactly what we wanted and more. Due to covid we waited 2 and a half years for this trip but worth the wait.
Carly R reviewing Value KwaZulu-Natal Safari and Mauritius on 07 November 2022