- Large but characterful high-end resort
- Diving, water-skiing, kayaking, windsurfing
- Great food, private destination dining options
- Spa with hydrotherapy pool, infinity pool
Start planning your tailor-made trip by calling one of our specialists on 855 686 7694Enquire
Set on a picturesque island in a gorgeous tropical lagoon is Olhuveli Beach & Spa, a luxury, all-inclusive island resort. It’s one of several resorts by the high-end Su Siyam brand, whose properties are scattered throughout the Maldives and the east coast of Sri Lanka. This large but picture-perfect resort provides an idyllic environment in which to kick back and enjoy a slower, more relaxed pace of life.
There are 164 spacious villas spread across the island, with nine different levels of accommodation ranging from stylish beachside villas to deluxe water villas with their own private jacuzzi. Common to all accommodation types are convenient amenities such as a private terrace, complimentary bottled water that’s replenished daily, air conditioning, a ceiling fan, a flat-screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, sun loungers and complimentary toiletries. The en-suite bathrooms are spacious and come with a rain shower and twin vanity units.
There’s a broad range of activities and events to suit all tastes. For those wanting simply to relax, there’s the Sun Spa with its hydrotherapy pools, jacuzzi, steam room and varied treatment menu. There’s also a lovely infinity pool, as well as the beach of course. For those looking to keep active, there are plenty of diving opportunities for both beginners and more experienced divers, along with lots of other water sports such as kayaking, windsurfing and water skiing, to name a few. Excursions to nearby islands and the Maldives’ capital, Male, are also available.
Dining options at the resort are more than plentiful, with five restaurants and three bars to choose from. If that’s not enough, guests can also opt for in-villa dining or even destination dining, where they get to choose a location on the island where they can enjoy a private meal together. The Sunset Restaurant is one of the largest overwater restaurants in the Maldives and is open for three meals a day, serving a wide range of cuisine with themed nights and live cooking stations. Mediterranean dishes are served at the beachside Lagoon Restaurant, Asian specialties are on the menu at The Four Spices, and freshly prepared seafood is available at The Plankton Grill.
Olhuveli is very child-friendly and has lots on offer to keep youngsters entertained during their stay. All of the resort’s villas can accommodate up to two children under the age of 12, with cribs, high chairs and other such facilities available on request. There’s a babysitting service, as well as a special children’s menu at the Sunset Restaurant. There’s also pool just for children and a kids club offering an array of age-appropriate games and activities. Parents are reminded to be sure to keep their children under adult supervision all the time.
- Contemporary resort, superb facilities
- Infinity pool, fitness centre, billiards table, spa
- Fishing, island hopping, underwater hockey
- Aqua Life Discovery Centre with aquarium
- Short speedboat transfer from Male airport
- Lovely swimmable lagoon, characterful feel
- Waterskiing, windsurfing, surfing, diving
- Snorkelling, visits to nearby islands
- Well established resort with traditional feel
- Parasailing, night time snorkelling, diving
- Kayaking, wakeboarding, glass bottom boat
- Art classes, horticulture walks, yoga
- Larger Private island resort
- Excellent value
- Excellent house reef
- Family friendly
- High end facilities and amenities
- All rooms boast private outdoor space
- Water sports including diving & snorkelling
- Sunset cruises, visits to local fishing villages
- Relatively small resort with 'select' feel
- All villas boast private plunge pool
- Fishing, sunset cruises, gym, spa
- Beach sports, tennis, water sports
- Large yet peaceful island resort
- Huge dining choice, gym, spa, tennis, yoga
- Adrenaline water sports e.g. hover boarding
- Snorkelling, diving, kite surfing, jet skis
- Top notch all-inclusive resort, superb value
- Resort renowned for excellent diving
- Gym, infinity pool, over-water spa
- Fishing, cruises, village visits, water sports
- Private villas, many with pools
- Great choice for large groups
- Tennis, gym, jogging track, water sports
- Open air cinema, observatory with telescope
- Maldives' newest 5* plus resort
- Self catering an option, superb kids facilities
- Snorkelling, diving, tennis, volleyball, football
- Catamaran sailing, parasailing, jet skis
- Sophisticated, top-notch all-inclusive resort
- Stand-alone villas with good level of privacy
- One of the largest resorts in the Maldives
- Sunset fishing, snorkelling, diving, spa
- Large island resort with golf course
- Luxury sailing, diving, snorkelling
- Tennis, football, badminton, volleyball, gym
- Wine cellar, spa, night life, shopping
- Large island
- Variety of facilities available
- Padi dive centre
- Highly contemporary eco-friendly resort
- Great value for a luxurious property
- Private, open-air bathtubs in all villas
- Wakeboarding, diving, ping pong, bike hire
Yes everything went incredibly smoothly , excellent guide and set up u have . I might need a new pair of calves though !!! Thanks for sorting ALL the changes out. Regards Charlie
charles b reviewing 6 Day Toubkal Circuit on 03 May 2023
Hi Lisa, We had a fabulous time thank you. The accommodation and other ideation were all terrific - that’s so much for your help. The apartment in Cape Town was particularly good - we would never have found that: Boschendal was great as well and game lodge was superb. Thanks again, Alistair
Alistair A reviewing Cape Town, Garden Route and Kruger on 28 April 2023
Well, we are back and still buzzing. We have had a marvellous time. The weather helped. We left Manchester in the snow and arrived in Marrakesh at 30 degrees. We were well looked after in the Riad. I'm glad we booked a meal for the first evening - ate it on the roof terrace. We can recommend that. It was delicious. We ate at the Foundouk, as per your recommendation and on the following night we ate at Le Jardin - got lost on the way to it!. We can really recommend Le Jardin.
The following day we went to Majorelle gardens. Fortunately we had looked it up before we travelled because you have to book in advance online only from Jan 2023. We found our own way to the Medera Ben Yousef and Latifa took us to Bahia Palace - both were stunning.
The following morning our lovely taxi driver Mohammond collected us to go to the EcoLodge. Yet another Mohammond made us very welcome. Again we ate well! You were right, the pool was freezing, but I can't sit next to water and not get in. Once you're in you forget how cold it is! I wasn't the only person to try the pool.
Rashid, our guide for our walk collected us. He was brilliant. It was hard work, but worth it. I was determined I would make it. Kevin is fitter than me! The Berber family were lovely. We stopped when we were nearly there to see how rag rugs were made. When we got back Rashid and Mohammond confessed that Mohammond had said to Rashid that he should get us to a road if we got too tired and they would send a taxi (or a mule!) to collect us - or me, but Rashid was sure that I'd be OK. He was right. I think they wondered about these 2 70+ year olds. We can't praise Rashid enough. He had walked over from Imlil in the morning and was going to walk back after he left us.
Thank you so much for putting our holiday together. We never thought it would be 3 years before we went. We are so glad we persevered. We did wonder what we had let ourselves in for as 2 oldies!
Fiona and Kevin
Fiona B reviewing Boutique Marrakech & Atlas Mountains on 21 April 2023