- Highly contemporary eco-friendly resort
- Great value for a luxurious property
- Private, open-air bathtubs in all villas
- Wakeboarding, diving, ping pong, bike hire
Six Senses Laamu is an exclusive luxury resort located in the picturesque Laamu Atoll, after which it’s named. In fact, it’s the only resort in the whole atoll. This highly eco-friendly and sustainable property is one of the Maldives’ newest offerings and is contemporary in pretty much every aspect. To reach the resort, guests undertake a short seaplane ride from Male, followed by a short boat journey.
When it comes to deciding on accommodation, there are a total of 10 options to choose from. There are villas set within the island’s tropical forest, as well as some dotted along the beachfront and others perched over the lagoon’s crystal-clear blue waters. All are stylish and sophisticated, yet comfortable at the same time. Space is plentiful, as are amenities, with all villas providing the full range of creature comforts. Some of the amenities common to all types of accommodation include air conditioning, a private open-air bathtub and separate shower, a 37-inch flat-screen TV with a range of satellite channels and tea and coffee making facilities.
The resort offers a broad range of dining experiences, with a total of six places to eat and drink, most of which are set over the water. Zen offers delectable Japanese dishes that are prepared out in the open, while Longitude is an over-the-water restaurant set over two floors, with a menu featuring international cuisine and lots of Asian classics. The resort’s signature restaurant is Leaf, where imaginative meals are freshly prepared using locally sourced ingredients. Sip Sip serves poolside drinks and light snacks, while the Chill Bar is the place to relax and enjoy the sunset. Finally there’s Ice & Chocolate Studio, offering over 40 ice-cream flavours and a great selection of chocolates.
The beachside spa boasts superb ocean views and is ideal for those looking to unwind - there are even treatments designed especially for families. Diving opportunities are plentiful, with many top dive sites in the vicinity, and other water-based activities such as windsurfing, wakeboarding and surfing are on offer. There are also many excursions further afield so that visitors can discover more of Laamu Atoll.
Children are very welcome to stay at the resort and they’re certainly well catered for. The kids club is open to children aged 3-12 and offers a range of fun, stimulating activities, from sand art and face painting, to hide and seek and pasta art. A good number of facilities are available for younger ones throughout the resort, such as a jungle cinema, a ping pong table and bikes available to borrow. Babysitting is available with a day’s notice, although note that there is an additional charge for this service. Parents are reminded to ensure that children are kept under adult supervision at all times.
- Large yet peaceful island resort
- Huge dining choice, gym, spa, tennis, yoga
- Adrenaline water sports e.g. hover boarding
- Snorkelling, diving, kite surfing, jet skis
- High end facilities and amenities
- All rooms boast private outdoor space
- Water sports including diving & snorkelling
- Sunset cruises, visits to local fishing villages
- Large but characterful high-end resort
- Diving, water-skiing, kayaking, windsurfing
- Great food, private destination dining options
- Spa with hydrotherapy pool, infinity pool
- Contemporary resort, superb facilities
- Infinity pool, fitness centre, billiards table, spa
- Fishing, island hopping, underwater hockey
- Aqua Life Discovery Centre with aquarium
- Short speedboat transfer from Male airport
- Lovely swimmable lagoon, characterful feel
- Waterskiing, windsurfing, surfing, diving
- Snorkelling, visits to nearby islands
- Top notch all-inclusive resort, superb value
- Resort renowned for excellent diving
- Gym, infinity pool, over-water spa
- Fishing, cruises, village visits, water sports
- Relatively small resort with 'select' feel
- All villas boast private plunge pool
- Fishing, sunset cruises, gym, spa
- Beach sports, tennis, water sports
- Well established resort with traditional feel
- Parasailing, night time snorkelling, diving
- Kayaking, wakeboarding, glass bottom boat
- Art classes, horticulture walks, yoga
- Private island resort with excellent reputation
- Prestigious diving centre, snorkelling, fishing
- Dolphin and whale shark spotting
- Numerous on-site bar and dining options
- Private villas, many with pools
- Great choice for large groups
- Tennis, gym, jogging track, water sports
- Open air cinema, observatory with telescope
- Maldives' newest 5* plus resort
- Self catering an option, superb kids facilities
- Snorkelling, diving, tennis, volleyball, football
- Catamaran sailing, parasailing, jet skis
- Sophisticated, top-notch all-inclusive resort
- Stand-alone villas with good level of privacy
- One of the largest resorts in the Maldives
- Sunset fishing, snorkelling, diving, spa
- Large island resort with golf course
- Luxury sailing, diving, snorkelling
- Tennis, football, badminton, volleyball, gym
- Wine cellar, spa, night life, shopping
- Large island
- Variety of facilities available
- Padi dive centre
Hello Lisa. We came back from our trip two weeks ago now so I am sending this email much later than I wanted to. Nevertheless, what I wanted to say was thank you very much for helping us organise an amazing trip. Our days in Mafia Island to celebrate my 50th birthday were exactly what I wanted them to be: a fantastic time with the family doing activities that we all love and enjoy in a relaxing, unusual, beautiful place full of sun, surrounded by water, wildlife and friendly people. We swam with whale sharks, did a lot of snorkeling, had two picnics on a beautiful sand bank, watched the sunset over the sea, did a bird watching excursion and tried scuba diving.
All merit to you because Pole Pole in Mafia Island was your recommendation. I never heard of Mafia Island before and didn't consider Tanzania to start with. It was an amazing place to stay: friendly, relaxed, beautiful, comfortable, with great food and fantastic service. Thanks not only for finding the place but also for your patience as we prepared the trip and I explored options and decided what I wanted. All went incredibly well (places, transfers, flights) and we had a very memorable time together that we will all remember forever - as we still do the safari trip to South Africa you organised for us 5 years ago.
I cannot wait to plan another trip! I am already thinking about where and when. Hopefully no pandemic will get in the way this time. And I will come to you as my favourite travel agent.
I copy in this message the Tourdust office because I want them to know how good you are and how much I appreciated the different trips you organised for us (including the trip to India for my parents that was cancelled due to Covid). I cannot thank you enough :o)
Kind regards, Carol
Carolina O reviewing Relaxed Bush & Beach Family Holiday in Tanzania on 25 November 2022
It was a fantastic experience, thanks very much. All the arrangements were seamless and our guiding/support team were excellent, if there is a way for you to formally commend the team to your ground operators then I would be grateful if you could do that, they really were brilliant.
Many thanks for your help in arranging the trip, and for your patience during the multiple re-arrangements over the past couple of years.
Kind regards, John
John B reviewing Mount Kenya Sirimon Naro Moru Trek on 14 November 2022
Can't praise tour dust enough, they helped us to create a holiday of a lifetime that has given us family memories we will treasure forever. From start to finish the whole experience was exactly what we wanted and more. Due to covid we waited 2 and a half years for this trip but worth the wait.
Carly R reviewing Value KwaZulu-Natal Safari and Mauritius on 07 November 2022