- Spectacular Ocean Views
- Land Based Whale Watching
- Luxury Hotel
The Marine is a spectacular seaside hotel perched on the cliffs, overlooking Hermanus' Walker Bay.
There are 40 individually decorated bedrooms and suites. Standard doubles range in size between 22-44m2, some (but not all) with private balconies. For Sea Views you will need to upgrade to the luxury doubles with sea views or one of the suites.
The property overlooks South Africa's most pristine whale sanctuary, and it is just a stone's throw from one of the greatest densities of the endangered Great White Shark, and selection of fynbos species in the Cape. The Marine offers guests the unique opportunity to experience the finest land-based whale watching in the world. From June to November guests are able to view these majestic creatures from the hotel. Additionally, just below The Marine is Hermanus’ iconic marine tidal pool for a fresh, bracing swim. There are a variety of inlets and coves, as well as secluded beaches against coastal cliffs including the Blue Flag Grotto Beach. The nearby Fernkloof Fynbos Reserve is worth a visit, boasting more different species close proximity than anywhere else in the world.
The Marine welcomes children of any age. It is a smart upmarket hotel, so isn't the type of place to let your kids run free.
- Excellent Sea Views
- Boutique Guest House
- 8 Bedrooms
- Swimming Pool
- 17 rooms & suites
- Attractive manor house & Villa in a garden setting
- Cliff path access & indigenous Fynbos
- Close to beaches, hiking trails, wine farms & whale watching boats (seasonal)
- 9 comfortable rooms
- Tranquil guest house
- Sea, mountain or garden vistas
- Direct beach & cliff path access
- Contemporary coastal hotel
- Ocean views
- Restaurant, pool, & gardens
- Seasonal whale watching
- Contemporary boutique guesthouse
- Direct beach access, variety of water sports
- Ideal for whale watching (seasonal)
- 10 minute drive from downtown Hermanus
- Elegant guesthouse and historic wine estate
- Tranquil rural setting with lovely views
- Fine dining restaurant, pool, tennis courts
- Excellent provision for families
- Variety of activities available.
- Cozy cottages or luxury rooms
- Private 1000 hectare nature reserve
- pristine wilderness lodge
- beautiful views
- superb service & guides
- family friendly
It was certainly a holiday of a lifetime for us and we loved every minute!! The standard and location of each accommodation was excellent, as was the variety of each different accommodation type. Our schedule was perfect and we managed to achieve everything on our to-do task list. Your documents were also really helpful, as were the driving directions. We all thank you for making this such a wonderful holiday. Happy to leave a review publicly if you point me the right way. Best Steve
Stephen H reviewing Classic Garden Route & Eastern Cape Safari on 01 September 2023
Hi Lisa, We had a fabulous time thank you. The accommodation and other ideation were all terrific - that’s so much for your help. The apartment in Cape Town was particularly good - we would never have found that: Boschendal was great as well and game lodge was superb. Thanks again, Alistair
Alistair A reviewing Cape Town, Garden Route and Kruger on 28 April 2023
We have just returned from South Africa and wanted to pass on our huge thanks for helping to organise such a fantastic holiday. The entire trip was amazing - accommodation was first class. The safari was incredible!
We'll be sure to get in touch when we're next planning an adventure!
Best wishes, Ed & Jane
Roy P reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 17 April 2023