- 5-room boutique hotel
- Spectacular lake and mountain views
- 10-metre infinity swimming pool
- Lush garden edged by tea bushes
Few locations in Sri Lanka can match the panoramic splendour of the Castlereagh Valley, in the island’s western hill country, and this is the setting for the five-bedroom Camellia Hills. Overlooking a mirror-still reservoir that spans five kilometres of a deep valley, this new boutique property sits on a mountainside amidst and overlooking emerald tea bushes and pine forests. A contemporary interpretation of a tea planter’s bungalow, the hotel’s bedrooms, living and dining areas are located across a series of levels which flaunt the stunning hill country views.
The three Lakeview Bedrooms and two Camellia Bedrooms all offer panoramic views. For those bringing children, the Lakeview Bedroom (Dickoya) is a large, family-friendly double room which is bathed in light and which houses an ensuite bathroom with bathtub plus a second, single room with a pull-out trundle bed making it suitable for families of up to four.
There’s a cosy, open-plan communal lounge with fireplace, and guests can dine either indoors or outside on an open-sided terrace to take advantage of the valley vistas. There’s a lovely 10-metre infinity swimming pool in the garden and a relaxation ‘ambalama’, or ‘rest area’, for absorbing the scene.
A team of butlers attend to guests and the hotel promises the same high levels of service and comfort as at sister hotels The Wallawwa, Fort Bazaar and Kumu Beach.
The climate in the hills is warm during the day yet fresher and cooler at night, and ideal for long walks. Scenic hikes through tea bushes and forests are a highlight of a stay.
- Historic, colonial bungalows
- White water rafting, nearby golf club
- Scenic train rides with waterfall views
- Visit Ella and climb Adam's Peak
- Luxury property with sumptuous, colonial feel
- Pool, tennis courts, mountain bikes
- Tea plantation tours and nearby lake
- White water rafting, sea plane trips
- Secluded colonial property with superb views
- Pool, restaurant, yoga sala, spa
- Guided nature walks, mountain biking
- Community visits, tea factory excursions
- Farm-stay on peaceful tea estate
- Rural setting with splendid views
- Simple, rustic accommodation
- Hiking, cycling, estate tours
- Contemporary property, rustic feel
- Field archery, tea plantation and waterfall visits
- Pool, spa, gym, yoga
- Well equipped games room
We had the most amazing time. It exceeded all my hopes of what the trip would be. The guides, the hotels - everything was of such a wonderful quality. Thank you for organizing everything. I will absolutely recommend Tourdust and use you again.
Claudia L reviewing Luxury Desert Holiday on 11 January 2024
We had a brilliant trip!
An amazing experience for parents, children and grandparents alike.
We are already planning a trip to Vietnam next year
Kate B reviewing Morocco Family Holiday: Kasbahs, Mountains & Souks on 10 January 2024
Dear Lisa. On behalf of the three generations of the Rowland family. Thank you, so much, for organising our wonderful holiday to Botswana and the Victoria Falls. The trip of a lifetime. The week mobile camping in the bush, with our guide Nandos and his crew was a fantastic adventure. How they manage to cook such wonderful food on an open fire is amazing. The sites were constantly visited by monkeys and once by elephants. We were even lucky enough to see two packs of wild dogs, once with a kill. Waterberry Lodge on the Zambezi River is a wonderfully tranquil place. Ideal to relax after the adventures of our safari and visiting Victoria Falls. Very many thanks once again
Godfrey R reviewing Private Mobile Family Safari in Botswana on 25 September 2023