This notice was last updated on 24 May 2018
At Tourdust Ltd, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and all site visitors. We are a owner operated business and respect for our customers and ethical practices are at the heart of what we do. We have never and will never sell any of your personal data to any third party including your name, address, email address or phone number. with That is our promise to you.
If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, email us at email@example.com
For all our services, the data controller (the company that’s responsible for your privacy) is Tourdust Ltd.
- Booking on behalf of others
- What sort of Personal Information do we collect and why do we collect it?
- How we use this Personal Information?
- Personal Information we collect and use for legal, compliance, regulatory and crime detection and prevention purposes
- Personal Information we collect and use from third parties
- Legal basis for using your Personal Information
- Who do we share your Personal Information with?
- How we use your Personal Information to market to you
- How we use your Personal Information for Analytics
- Our Cookies Policy
- Transferring your Personal Information Globally
- How we protect your Personal Information
- How long will we keep your Personal Information?
- What are your legal rights over your Personal Information?
Booking on behalf of others
What sort of Personal Information do we collect and why do we collect it?
We collect the following personal information;
- Contact Details to communicate with you about your enquiry and bookings: We collect your name, address, telephone number and email address so we can communicate with you, answer your questions, present itinerary proposals and quotations and communicate booked travel arrangement details
- Details about the travellers in your party: We collect full names, ages and dates of birth in order to communicate your booking with the suppliers of your travel arrangements (such as hotels, airlines etc.). So as to be able to consider your particular needs in relation to a booking we will collect dietary requirements and medical requirements of all members of the travel party. In some cases we also collect your passport details where we are required to pass them to overseas authorities which require Advanced Passenger Information.
- Emergency Contact details: We collect name and telephone for your nominated emergency contacts so that we can contact them in the event of an emergency.
- Details about your travel arrangements: We collect details of your personal travel arrangements that we make on your behalf for obvious reasons! We need to make sure your travel arrangements run seamlessly, and to do that, we need to know what they are.
- Your Login Details: If you have an account on our website, for your security, we’ll keep an encrypted record of your login password so we can validate and protect your online account.
- Your Communications with us: We collect details of your interactions with us online, via e-mail, or over the phone: For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or feedback you provide, details of bookings you have made, pages you have viewed on our website and how and when you contact us.
- Your activity on our website: To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered.
- Your Payment Card information: We do not store full card details either online or offline. At no time during the online checkout on our website does anyone have access to your card details - All card processing is handled by an authorised payment service provider, currently Sage Pay. If we take payment from you over the phone, the card details are entered directly into the system of our payment service provider and are not written down or stored by ourselves.
How we use this Personal Information
We use your personal information in a number of different ways;
- Communicate your booking or intended booking with you, for example sending you your itinerary or a quote. We have to do this to fulfil our contract with you.
- Update you on changes to your travel itinerary (for example, if there is a change to your booking pre travel; if a flight is delayed or cancelled)
- Communicate your booking requirements to our suppliers who facilitate your travel arrangements (for example, transferring your data to airlines, guides, transport providers and accommodation providers)
- Process payments for your booking, fulfil requests for refunds and for accounting or audit purposes
- Communicate and interact with you at different times before and throughout your journey
- Communicate with our suppliers (for example, accommodation providers, guides and transportation that are part of your journey regarding your experience, preferences, compliments or complaints
- Market our products and services to you
- Personalise the service and offers you receive (for example, by being aware of previous travel experiences, transactions or preferences, and tailoring the way we provide our products or services to you based on your preferences and profile)
- Show you a few Tourdust.com adverts as your browse the web, So you can see our latest products and deals
- Find out what you and other customers of ours want so we can make sure we offer the best products and service to
- Manage our business such as for systems testing, IT maintenance or development training, benchmarking and performance measurement
- Use in connection with your online account as you may authorise or consent to additionally from time to time
We do not generally collect special categories of personal information from you (or those you are booking for), but where we do, we seek to minimise the collection and use of it and handle it with extra care. We also share this information with third parties (who help manage our business and deliver services such as those parties who provide wheelchairs at airports) and other companies (who help manage your booking or journey), and we transfer it globally. Where you (or any passenger travelling) provides us with special categories of personal information you agree that you have voluntarily provided such information, and you consent (and the passenger travelling consents) for us to use that information for the purposes for which it was collected.
If you have any queries about any of our products or services, compliments or complaints, we will need to collect information from you, including your contact details, in order for us to respond to your query or provide you with assistance. We will collect this information when you, send us an email, call us or contact us via another form of communication.
Personal Information we collect and use for legal, compliance, regulatory and crime detection and prevention purposes
We process your personal information so that we can meet our legal, compliance and regulatory obligations, for legal purposes, such as to respond to a valid legal claim, summons or regulatory order, and to protect our property, rights and interests as well as the property, rights and interest of other persons.
We also process your personal information for crime prevention and detection purposes, including the prevention of fraud for online payments, for identity verification, for credit checking and credit scoring purposes and accounting or audit purposes. In each case, we do so in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal Information we collect and use from third parties
We collect personal information from third parties who you have authorised to provide your personal information to us (for example, this may be your travel agent or another person making a booking on your behalf, your travel companion, your travel coordinator, our promotion partners, social media and other digital website). We also collect personal information from individuals who may refer you as a friend to our products or services. We ask these individuals to confirm that you are happy to hear from us.
Legal basis for using your Personal Information
We will only collect, process use, share and store your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be because:
- We need to use your personal information to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you. For example, to manage your booking with us, to take payment for your booking, or to complete your travel arrangements
- We need to use your personal information for our legitimate interest as a commercial organisation. For example, we may record calls to our customer service centre so that we can review how we handle calls. We may also capture your interactions with our website and booking journey via tools on our website in order to identify errors or issues and ensure your customer experience meets expectations. In all such cases, we will look after your information at all times in a way that is proportionate and that respects your privacy rights.
- We need to use your personal information to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have. For example, in some countries, we are required to provide API to border control, customs and law enforcement officers at ports of entry and exit on your itinerary
- We have your consent to using your personal information for a particular activity. For example, where you consent to us sharing with you special offers which we think may be of interest.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you;
- Companies that provide your travel arrangements (such as airlines, guided services, accommodation and transportation providers)
- Professional service providers, such as banks and payment service providers, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business.
- Governments, border control agencies, regulators, law enforcement and others as permitted or required by law, in relation to API or other requirements that apply when travelling to or from a particular country, and to generally comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies
How we use your Personal Information to market to you
We are a small company, with limited marketing budgets. Our marketing activities primarily focus on communicating travel ideas that we think might interest you. Like many other companies we do this either by contacting you directly or by targeting ads to you whilst you are on other websites. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service. The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Tourdust (for example, enquiries and bookings you have made an pages you have viewed on our website). You can opt out of these at anytime by clicking the tool option on the banners or adverts.
How to stop marketing messages from Tourdust
If you have booked with Tourdust, or have opted in to receive our newsletter, we assume you are interested in our products or services. We will send you e-mails with travel ideas and special offers from time to time. You can unsubscribe from these mailings at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our newsletters. Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive any further marketing messages.
If you do not want to be served with our advertisements within other websites or social media platforms, you can manage your preferences within these websites
If you do unsubscribe from marketing communications you will still receive operational and service messages from us regarding your booking or enquiry.
How we use your Personal Information for Analytics
We aggregate personal information and remove any identifying elements in order to analyse patterns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyse website use, to improve our content and products and services, to customize our website’ content, layout, products and services, and to support our business operations and we may appoint third parties to do this on our behalf. We gather certain usage information like the number and frequency of visitors to our website. This information includes which webpage you just came from, which webpage you next go to, what browser you are using, your device ID and your IP address. This collective data helps us to determine how much our customers use parts of our website, and do research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve you. One of the ways we do this is by installing and using Cookies on your browser or device.
If you use buttons on our website linked to social media or similar sites (for example, "Like" and/or "Share" buttons), content from our Website may be sent back to those sites and, depending on your privacy settings, may be privately or publicly visible (for example, to friends, followers or generally to anyone who has access to your profile page).
How we use your Personal Information for Profiling
We use personal information such as your date of birth, gender, country of residence, transactions (for example, payments made with us and travel arrangements made with us), information derived from Cookies and your preferences and behaviours for profiling. Some of the legitimate purposes we profile personal information include:
- To obtain a better understanding of what you would like to see from us and how we can continue to improve our services for you
- To personalise the service and offers you receive from us, including with invitations to special events
- To provide you with tailored content online and optimise your experience of our Website
- To provide you with tailored advertisements on other website you visit and social media and digital website
- To share marketing material we believe may be of interest to you, including from our third party partners
- To help us operate our services more efficiently
- To authenticate log-ins on our Website and detect and prevent fraud
We will take steps to ensure that prior to profiling your personal information for a legitimate interest that our legitimate interest is not overridden by your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
Our Cookies Policy
- Cookies Essential To The Use Of Our Website. These cookies are essential for you to browse and use our website. Without these cookies, services like shopping baskets cannot be provided.
- Cookies that personalise our website for you. These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make whilst visiting our website and personalise your experience. For instance, we store your geographic location in a cookie, to ensure that we show you the relevant currency and contact details for your location.
- Analytics cookies. We use analytics cookies, like those offered by Google Analytics, to help us understand how people use our website (for instance, how long a visitor stays on our website, what pages they find most and least useful, and how they arrived at Tourdust.com. To learn more about Google Analytics and your data, visit this Google webpage
- Third Party cookies. These cookies, provided by third parties such as Google and Facebook (Facebook Data Use Policy), may be used on our website to improve our products, services and to provide more relevant advertising. These cookies are subjet to the respective privacy policies for these third parties.
Hot To Change Your Cookie Settings
To learn more more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Details on how to manage cookies on your browser are available from your browser provider;
Transferring your Personal Information globally
We sell travel arrangements to destinations around the world, which means by the very nature of our business we need to transfer your personal information overseas and outside of the EU. Your data will be transferred and stored in other countries. Some of these countries are subject to different standards of data protection than your country of residence.
We will take appropriate steps to ensure that transfers of personal information are in accordance with applicable law, and we only transfer personal information to another country where:
- We are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect your information
- The transfers are fully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests and are limited to countries which are recognized as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangement are in place to protect your privacy rights.
To this end where we transfer your personal information outside our company or to third parties (who help us to provide our products and services), we obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your personal information. And where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully review and validate these requests before any personal information is disclosed. In the event your personal information is transferred to a foreign jurisdiction, it may be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and we may be required to disclose it to the courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities in those jurisdictions. You have a right to contact us for more information about the safeguards we have put in place to ensure the adequate protection of your personal information when this is transferred as mentioned above.
How we protect your Personal Information
We will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it. We secure access to our website using ‘https’ technology. Access to your personal data on our website is password-protected.
- We place confidentiality requirements on our staff members and service providers
- We destroy or permanently anonymse personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected
- We follow security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal information to prevent unauthorised access to it
- We use secure communication channels on our website such as SSL ("secure sockets layer") for transmitting data that is sent to us. SSL are industry standard encryption protocols used to protect online transaction channels.
- We don’t store sensitive data such as full payment card information.
How long will we keep your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information for as long as you have your account with us or as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. For example, We will keep your bookings with us for 7 years as required by HMRC. Where no booking is made, but you have engaged our services for an enquiry, data will be removed not more than 36 months after collection.
In some circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time, for example, where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, or accounting requirements. In specific circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal information or dealings.
What are your legal rights over your Personal Information
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information:
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to correct or change information we hold about you
- The right to erase the personal information we hold about you in some circumstances (For example, we are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims)
- You can request that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes. (You can unsubscribe from any email marketing by clicking the "unsubscibe" link at the bottom of emails you receive from us or just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You can request that we not transfer your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purposes.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (UK) if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information
- You can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the European Union.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us at email@example.com