- Sweeping views of Plettenberg Bay area
- Family-run lodge
- Monkey and bird sanctuaries, hiking, kloofing
- Mountain biking, winery and wine tasting
Tamodi Lodge is a welcoming, family-run lodge just a short drive from Plettenberg Bay. The property comprises several well-presented accommodation buildings, as well as a separate main reception and a stable block occupied by a number of horses. The lodge occupies a fantastic location along the Garden Route and is a wonderful spot for exploring the striking natural beauty of the nearby coastline.
There are two standard suites in the main building, plus a wonderful honeymoon suite. There are other more private honeymoon suites in separate buildings as well. Families are welcome and all rooms offer generous amounts of space and have high ceilings with exposed beams and lovely wooden furnishings throughout. Each room comes with its own private deck area so that guests can relax in the open air and take in the broad, sweeping views of the valley below. General amenities include a large stone bath, a TV with satellite channels, tea and coffee making facilities and a minibar. Both air conditioning and underfloor heating are provided throughout and the honeymoon suites offer additional amenities such as a walk-in wardrobe and outdoor showers.
There’s a wide variety of activities on offer in the Plettenberg Bay area including Monkeyland, a sanctuary with free-roaming primates; Newstead, a family-run wine farm; Birds of Eden, which is the world’s largest aviary with free-flight birds; and AfriCanyon, an adrenaline-fuelled kloofing experience that takes adventurous participants down into the beautiful river gorge. Relaxing beach trips and challenging mountain hikes are also a popular pursuit. The lodge itself offers guided valley hikes, leisurely birdwatching walks, thrilling mountain biking expeditions and informal wine tasting sessions. Only breakfast is provided on site, however there are plenty of restaurants in the vicinity for lunch and dinner.
- High quality forest lodge
- Beautiful forest location
- Swimming Pool
- Base for Garden Route
- Smart, contemporary lodge on private estate
- Swimming pool, jacuzzi, spa
- Great for Plettenberg Bay and Knysna
- Hiking, mountain biking, fishing, boating
- Deluxe hotel with panoramic ocean views
- Superb ‘Garden Route’ location
- Two pools, spa, fine dining
- Short walk to beaches and activities
- Beautiful Gardens
- Family Friendly Accommodation
- Central Garden Route Location
- Fab for families.
- Across the road from a blue flag beach
- Well presented property
- Excellent choice for visiting Plettenberg Bay
- Located in Plettenberg Bay
- Beach location
- Sea Views
- Chic accommodation
- Smart mid-range guesthouse
- Modern interiors
- Well located for beach
- Excellent family apartment
- Peaceful property in idyllic surroundings
- Excellent ‘Garden Route’ location
- Variety of accommodation options
- Numerous activities on site and locally
It was certainly a holiday of a lifetime for us and we loved every minute!! The standard and location of each accommodation was excellent, as was the variety of each different accommodation type. Our schedule was perfect and we managed to achieve everything on our to-do task list. Your documents were also really helpful, as were the driving directions. We all thank you for making this such a wonderful holiday. Happy to leave a review publicly if you point me the right way. Best Steve
Stephen H reviewing Classic Garden Route & Eastern Cape Safari on 01 September 2023
Hi Lisa, We had a fabulous time thank you. The accommodation and other ideation were all terrific - that’s so much for your help. The apartment in Cape Town was particularly good - we would never have found that: Boschendal was great as well and game lodge was superb. Thanks again, Alistair
Alistair A reviewing Cape Town, Garden Route and Kruger on 28 April 2023
We have just returned from South Africa and wanted to pass on our huge thanks for helping to organise such a fantastic holiday. The entire trip was amazing - accommodation was first class. The safari was incredible!
We'll be sure to get in touch when we're next planning an adventure!
Best wishes, Ed & Jane
Roy P reviewing Cape Town & Kruger Safari on 17 April 2023